Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) - Fast Moving Company and Very Performance Driven. Not for Weaklings! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE)

"Fast Moving Company and Very Performance Driven. Not for Weaklings!"

Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No one would argue capital equipment sales has been a male dominated environment. So I was a little hesitant about taking a job with a company specializing in trading this type of equipment. Granted, my confidence level is always high but I was skeptical. Would I be dealing with a lot of annoying macho stuff? After working at CAE for a while I can say, yes, there is definitely some of that, but it is very much an equal opportunity environment. If you’re a confident, driven to succeed type, which I am, you can get rewards in terms of compensation and advancement.

I really like the gym which has absolutely everything you’d want to exercise. Hey, I might not be able to bench press as much weight as the guys but I can hold my own with those sales numbers!!!!

Cons

Yes, it is a high pressure environment, but seriously, what would you expect when you’re dealing with multi-million dollar deals? It’s not necessarily a warm fuzzy environment but I’ve found it works if you meet your goals.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide some perks like the gym since it helps provide balance and prevent burnout. Foster promotion for those who demonstrate steady performance at a high level.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE)

"Do your research before even thinking about working here."

Former Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Possibility of very high pay.

Cons

When you factor in mandatory 16 hour days(and Sundays), you're basically working two jobs, so the one Pro that was listed above is not looking like a pro anymore.

Management has no idea what they are doing. Constant flip-flopping. Employees are fired every week.

The skills you learn here are not transferable anywhere else.

Competitive environment to the point where it's hostile.

Make sure you do your research before even thinking about applying here. Do a Google search of "Meet California's Most Abusive Company" and you'll be amazed at what you'll find.

Advice to Management

Replace the CEO(even though he is part owner). Replace most of Sr. Management. Treat employees with respect.

"Don't leave a real career for this place!!"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn the grass isn't always greener on the other side. You next job will be better. Extensive experience learning to work with inept and abusive top management.

Cons

CEO always meeting with lawyers about filing a suit against a former employee or customer. Otherwise meeting with lawyers about a class action suit filed by former employees or customers. CEO is verbally abusive and threatens employees with their job once hired on. Makes current employees write good reviews on Glassdoor or risk punishment. Corporate values and simple common decency are out the door at this place.

Advice to Management

Get counseling