Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) - Works for People on the Move | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE)

"Works for People on the Move"

Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’m in the early stages of my career and wanted my next job to be more challenging, with more rewards as a result. CAE seemed pretty high energy and focused on success, so I thought I’d give it a try. It was rough going at first. My last boss was a micro manager and at CAE I had to get used to becoming a real self-driven employee. Once I got used to the pace, though, I started to do well. Since I am personally motivated to succeed at CAE, I’m fitting in with those co-workers who want to make things happen for themselves and the firm. It’s turning out to be a great learning experience for me.

Cons

CAE definitely is not for the weak at heart. If you’re looking for somebody to hold your hand and cheer you on, it’s not that type of place. However, self-starters will do fine here.

Advice to Management

The social events are great. With everyone on their own during the workday it’s great to have events that make you feel part of a team.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE)

"Do not sacrifice anything to work here - It's not worth it"

Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You have the potential to make a lot of money within 6months. That said, your chances of staying long enough to see any real money is slim. I started in a class of 5 people and by month 3, it was just I that remained.
    - Really nice office complex and onsite gym

Cons

- Management does not treat anyone (even each other) with respect - I can not emphasize this enough.
    - 16hr days are very common.
    - Work on Friday.
    - Emails from Management come at all hours of the night and they expect a response immediately.
    - Very little training for new employees, it is a "sink or swim" environment.
    - The Management does little to control the deal process that exists, and thus a LOT of unethical behavior takes place.
    - Management periodically asks the top preforming traders and managers to submit loosely scripted Glassdoor reviews to boost their ratings (I was asked on MANY occasions to do this). So please, read grossly positive reviews with a 'grain of salt'.

Advice to Management

Try to realize that your employees are humans and most likely, very smart. All they want is a little training and support. Once they have that, they can make YOUR company a lot of money. Don't treat them like insufficient machines.

"Great Training Ground for a High Performance Sales Career"

Former Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I come from a family with sales jobs in our DNA so it was pretty natural for me to think of a sales career after college. CAE looked interesting to me since the company seemed high energy and pretty much focused on sales. The executives are super successful and I wanted to learn from the best. My time at CAE turned out to be very educational. I learned what it takes to be a top sales earner in a very tough, competitive environment. Those lessons are helping me advance in my sales career. Working at CAE, and enjoying it, proved that sales is the right career path for me. I would have stayed, but left to work in a new company with my brother.

Cons

It is definitely a place for self-starters. The atmosphere is intense and there’s no room for slackers. But they are very aware of the guys who do perform and you are compensated accordingly.

Advice to Management

Since the bar is set so high, keep improving the training program for new recruits to give everyone their best shot. Also keep up the perks for top performers.