Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) - A Graduate Education | Glassdoor

"A Graduate Education"

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in Silicon Valley in sales and service, I always wanted to get closer to the semiconductor business since that’s where it all begins. After interviewing at CAE, I decided it would be a good opportunity to learn more about manufacturing and make some decent money as well. After a round of interviews, I felt the team at CAE was highly informed and ambitious about being a major player in the equipment market. It’s been a good experience so far. I’m getting a graduate level education in semiconductor manufacturing and the compensation is meeting my goals.

Cons

CAE can be a pretty intense environment but sales is always intense. You’re only as good as the last, and next, deal you close. If you’re looking for a low pressure environment, CAE isn’t for you.

Advice to Management

When possible, work more closely with those team members who may not be performing up to speed. It will help create more of a team environment and can save some people who just need an extra boost.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE)

"Works for People on the Move"

Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’m in the early stages of my career and wanted my next job to be more challenging, with more rewards as a result. CAE seemed pretty high energy and focused on success, so I thought I’d give it a try. It was rough going at first. My last boss was a micro manager and at CAE I had to get used to becoming a real self-driven employee. Once I got used to the pace, though, I started to do well. Since I am personally motivated to succeed at CAE, I’m fitting in with those co-workers who want to make things happen for themselves and the firm. It’s turning out to be a great learning experience for me.

Cons

CAE definitely is not for the weak at heart. If you’re looking for somebody to hold your hand and cheer you on, it’s not that type of place. However, self-starters will do fine here.

Advice to Management

The social events are great. With everyone on their own during the workday it’s great to have events that make you feel part of a team.

"Do not sacrifice anything to work here - It's not worth it"

Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Capital Asset Exchange and Trading (CAE) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You have the potential to make a lot of money within 6months. That said, your chances of staying long enough to see any real money is slim. I started in a class of 5 people and by month 3, it was just I that remained.
    - Really nice office complex and onsite gym

Cons

- Management does not treat anyone (even each other) with respect - I can not emphasize this enough.
    - 16hr days are very common.
    - Work on Friday.
    - Emails from Management come at all hours of the night and they expect a response immediately.
    - Very little training for new employees, it is a "sink or swim" environment.
    - The Management does little to control the deal process that exists, and thus a LOT of unethical behavior takes place.
    - Management periodically asks the top preforming traders and managers to submit loosely scripted Glassdoor reviews to boost their ratings (I was asked on MANY occasions to do this). So please, read grossly positive reviews with a 'grain of salt'.

Advice to Management

Try to realize that your employees are humans and most likely, very smart. All they want is a little training and support. Once they have that, they can make YOUR company a lot of money. Don't treat them like insufficient machines.