Capital Caring - Being part of an Organization that's committed to the wellness of others body, heart and soul is very rewarding. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital Caring

"Being part of an Organization that's committed to the wellness of others body, heart and soul is very rewarding."

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Fair benefit package, personal growth physically and emotionally is more rewarding to me then to work at a "for profit" organization and have more money in the bank.

Cons

Because Capital Hospice is a "non-profit" our salaries aren't as high as they would be if we worked for a "for profit" hospice.

Advice to Management

When uper management says "my door is always open" they need to mean that. In most cases the door is open but the mind is closed. Listen to what your employee's have to say and actually hear us.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital Caring

1. "Best provider best employer"

Current Employee - Physician in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Physician in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Capital Caring full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Capital Caring is leading the way and has innovative ways to help our patients that no other hospices can-like interventional pain clinic and TeleCaring.

Cons

End of life is very scary and patients aren't well prepared by the hospital making this work critical.

Advice to Management

Continue to care for the local staff

2. "Zero stars If I could-terribly corrupt C-level managent"

Former Employee - Technical Manager in Merrifield, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Merrifield, VA

I worked at Capital Caring full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The great work the nurses manage to accomplish even with a terrible and underdeveloped EMR, low pay and no raises

Cons

They cut corners and buy in to the companies they than have Capital hire. Not to mention when WV was absorbed multiple family members were "working" but in three month never accessed email. This all after initially making a sexually uncomfortable/hustle environment complaint regarding my new boss to HR, which I later found out was never documented and only got worse so after my second complaint to HR a year later resulted in a retaliation against me with a week with no cause or justification. So much for HR or putting in 7+ years of 24/7 service.

Advice to Management

Step up...and stop turing a blind eye