Capital Group - Great place to start a career, but not enough incentive to stay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital Group

"Great place to start a career, but not enough incentive to stay."

Former Employee - Adviser Marketing Representative in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Adviser Marketing Representative in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The benefits package was a highlight - especially the MRP. Also, the work atmosphere was very casual and open communication was strongly encouraged.

Cons

Pay was on the low end of the scale. Also, there was a lot of favoritism shown during promotion periods.

Advice to Management

Embrace changes in the financial markets and explore new possibilities for business.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital Group

"ok"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

benefits are really good, overall package is good

Cons

Provide more growth, transparency plus recognition

Advice to Management

growth

"I would say my experience was rewarding"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

When times were good, we could expect 2 bonuses a year. I'm not quite sure whether that is the case anymore. The retirement plan is phenomenal. They offer 10% of your entire annual salary (bonuses included) in addition to your salary and bonuses to invest in your choice of funds managed by the company. They also paid 200/mo to subsidize for public transportation costs. I took the train, never had to drive and slept on my way to and from work. I also like how the company doesn't believe in giving corner offices to any employee for the sake of remaining fair to everyone.

Cons

The company seemed to take a 180 when the board hired a CIO from Fannie Mae. She completely destroyed the culture. What was once an open and non-hierarchical organization has become what my coworkers there would now equate to a sweat shop. It would not surprise me if people started addressing one another by numbers rather than by name. The company lost a lot of good people during the downturn and it no longer surprises me that it is no longer ranked one of the best places to work. I'm glad to have been there when the times were good. It was indeed a rewarding experience, however it has becomes a completely different company.

Advice to Management

I would say to go back to the old way. Their corporate culture was once unique and I believe that the culture made it one of the best places to work. Too bad things changed. Being a great place to work really does boost morale, which in turn translates to good faith by its employees to perform at their best. It's extremely sad to see how a great company can fall from grace in this way