Capital Group - Cap Group-Still a Great Place To Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital Group

"Cap Group-Still a Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Although this company is currently going through layoffs (only the second time in Capital Group history), they are by far a great company to work for. How many other companies have a retirement plan for you, and put in 15% of what you make annually. How many companies pay for your college? How many "Call Centers" dont care if you took 70 calls or 20, as long as in the end, your customer was provided with the best customer service, and walked away with no questions left unanswered. Capital Group is a wonderful place to work.

Cons

Feedback is a little over the top. Don't get me wrong, I think its a great things, and we can catch a lot of errors, however, it seems to be the negative feedback that you hear about the most. Its very rare that your TM says "Hey, I listened to a few of your calls today, great job" Or "I checked a few of the items you worked on today, no errors, great job" Most of the time, you only hear the negative. But, as I have learned. If you dont hear anything, you must be doing a great job!

Advice to Management

Stay in the know. You have plenty of disgruntled employees right now. Find out who they are and play nice. We know that you dont have all the answers, some people just dont understand that, or believe that. Remember to praise your associates and pass that down to the TMs as well. That can make a huge difference in the outcome of that associates work, and their attitude.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital Group

1. "A good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, ability to follow through on good ideas, and bonuses

Cons

Large company - slow to move sometimes

Advice to Management

Continue to consider how your decisions will impact associates

"It's just not the same place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

People are friendly and the resources are better than other places I've worked, but this job market is making people crazy. The pressure has mounted over the past few months and I'm not sure how effectively we've responded to the crisis.

Cons

One person can bring a project to a halt with uneducated questions and opinions about how something will work or not. Instead of just being able to disregard those opinions, the whole team has to stop and research the issues raised and prove that their position is the correct one, instead of the other way around.

Advice to Management

Trust that the people who've been doing their work for years actually may know what they're doing.