Capital Group - Capital’s HR Organization | Glassdoor

"Capital’s HR Organization"

Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Business Partner in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Capital Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My decision to leave was based on a unique growth opportunity. I deliberately waited until after a year to post a review as I wanted time away to reflect on my experience and also compare the role and environment to my current employer/position. The opportunity to grow here is dependent on how much effort you put in. I had a ”tough as nails” leader who expected the best and was completely invested in our growth and development; she pushed me out of my comfort zone and I became a better HR professional because of it. My small team was a supportive group of caring, smart, and highly capable HR professionals. The HR organization was comprised of some of the smartest and kindest people I had the pleasure of working with. Work is done with the culture and employee experience in mind. Communications and planning of future initiatives were well-vetted and executed. Having been at another prime employer before Capital where culture and employee engagement were at the top of the list in terms of importance, I didn’t really appreciate it until I left. I now realize that Capital is really a special place. Nothing will be handed to you here. If you have the opportunity to work here and want to be successful for the long-term, be humble, proactive, forward-thinking and solutions-oriented. If you try to coast by, you will not get the most that this company and department has to offer. It may not be for everybody, but then again, not every company and organization is meant to fit every person. Lastly, the Total Rewards package is pretty great.

Cons

With any organization, there’s always room for improvement. Opportunity areas that I see here are the following: 1) Time it takes to make decisions can be lengthy and at times, an exhaustive process. However, having been in my current environment for over a year, I can appreciate the extra effort 2) openness to working flexibly on a more frequent basis

Capital Group2020-02-11
  1. "Great Asset Managaer to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Capital Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Collaborative, Fun, Challenging, Great People, Hard Working, Utmost Integrity

Cons

I have nothing negative to report

Capital Group2020-01-09
  2. "It is one of the best companies to work for."

Former Employee - Senior Risk Management and Control Accounting Associate in Irvine, CA

I worked at Capital Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They have great benefits. They care about their employees. They treat you like family. It is a great place to work for, if I had the chance I would work for them again.

Cons

The only challenge is the freeway.

Continue reading
    Capital Group2020-03-17

Discover more reviews about Capital Group.