Capital One - Capital One - I enjoy getting up and coming into work each day! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

"Capital One - I enjoy getting up and coming into work each day!"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX

Pros

I am very satisfied with the benefits of the company - matching 401K, discounted stock purchase, and more vacation and personal days than I have ever been able to take in one year!
Management also encourages working remotely, another perk.
I am also very satisfied with the salary AND bonus structure.
The other associates are very helpful, friendly and great to work with.
Capital One has plenty of growth opportunities within the organization. It's up to you where you want to take your career! Although I have held the same position for several years now, I feel confident that I could find another position within the company.

Cons

There really aren't any downsides to working at Capital One.

Advice to Management

Don't micro manage!

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

1. "Great place to start a career in financial service industry"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Richmond, VA

Pros

It really depends where you are in your career stage. I always think COF is a great place for fresh graduate from college or even from grad school w/o working experience (including MBA's changing industry). The people you work with are very smart, with very diversied backgrounds (both academic & culture wise). The management is very open and encourages innovation/new ideas/initiatives. Knowledge-sharing is almost like an imperative and teammates are very willing to help out. Lastly, but not least, is the training provided on campus - which includes both competency (e.g., structural thinking, networking, etc) and technical (SAS, SQL, etc).

Cons

Be prepared to be aggressive - there are many international guys here (including direct hire from India). They are not here just for the job - people are willing to put in extra long hours to shine.

Be prepared for frequent re-org that will change your reporting structure, and ultimately impact your performance review if you fail to manage it properly and closely.

Advice to Management

It is no longer as simple/easy as using IBS to match the right product to the right people. There is something more than just data that we should look at customers.

And, please take away the stupid CardLab commercial - even the Vikings are better.

2. "I love my job most of the time."

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Richmond, VA

Pros

The co-workers are great. I've worked in several departments and almost everyone is very sharp and good to work with. Senior management puts a great deal of stress on teamwork and a positive corporate culture. One of our corporate values is 'Do the right thing' and most of the employees are dedicated to that. There's a great focus on work-life balance that is relatively new, and we are given tools and policies to take advantage.

Cons

Expectations are very high and it's easy to bite off more than you can chew. At review time it seems the quality (and quantity) of your work is less important than the projects you were part of.

Advice to Management

Capital One used to be a little too entrepreneurial and freewheeling. Don't let the pendulum swing towards too corporate and bureaucratic.