Capital One - Capital One - I enjoy getting up and coming into work each day! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

"Capital One - I enjoy getting up and coming into work each day!"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX

Pros

I am very satisfied with the benefits of the company - matching 401K, discounted stock purchase, and more vacation and personal days than I have ever been able to take in one year!
Management also encourages working remotely, another perk.
I am also very satisfied with the salary AND bonus structure.
The other associates are very helpful, friendly and great to work with.
Capital One has plenty of growth opportunities within the organization. It's up to you where you want to take your career! Although I have held the same position for several years now, I feel confident that I could find another position within the company.

Cons

There really aren't any downsides to working at Capital One.

Advice to Management

Don't micro manage!

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

1. "Capital One creates a challenging and intelligent work environment, but management is not well organized."

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in West McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in West McLean, VA

Pros

Capital One provides challenging work with very smart people. The culture is great, in that managers are truly focused on providing work life balance. Overall, I would say that employees are happy with the environment of the company.

Cons

Too much of the workforce at Capital One does not create value. Many people work on projects which don't get to market, & many other people work inefficiently. Hard work & dedication is not a factor in getting promotions, which leads to an environment where unproductive workers can be promoted to manager.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to provide more clarity in what they do. They also need to do a better job managing projects so that the associates are working on projects that are needed. There is too much emphasis on managing up and not enough emphasis on managing down.

"Despite some tough times in the past, a great place to work."

Current Employee - Systems Specialist in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Specialist in Richmond, VA

Pros

I really believe that Capital One hires smart people. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are enjoyable to work with but the average person there "gets it" in my opinion. There is a lot of flexibility in terms of work style and how you perform your work. The benefits are good as well. In general Capital One is a laid-back place to work except when there is an important project to deliver within a certain time. Then it is probably about the same stress levels as any corporation.

Cons

I think it's the work. Ultimately it is a financial services corporation. You're not working on the next iPhone or consumer product that will delight the world. You are working on fine-tuning numbers to bring in more dollars for the company. The performance management process is a bit of a pain as it is quite a bit of work and not fully transparent. The opportunity for advancement has declined significantly since 2001 due to outsourcing and the economy.

Advice to Management

I would work to increase the knowledge sharing across the enterprise. There are lots of good ideas and minds across the organization and it's a waste if that is not taken advantage of.