Capital One - The best company I ever worked for. It was a learning organization and there was mutual respect. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

"The best company I ever worked for. It was a learning organization and there was mutual respect."

Former Employee - Manager in Lakeland, FL
Former Employee - Manager in Lakeland, FL

Pros

Environment was supportive, fun, and encouraging. Training was ongoing and the leadership team was fabulous. You could share your opinions and there were frequent feedback sessions to determine what was going well and what wasn't.

Cons

Schedules were not traditional and required working rotations on weekends and nights.

Advice to Management

The leadership team did everything right. I would work for them again in a heartbeat.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

1. "Good but was better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Work is fun, and I am lucky to be in a great team. Campus is great, benefits are good, and Plano is a great city. Depending on the team and the department, the culture and the senior leaders can be very open and understanding.

Cons

Too much outsourcing hurts morale. New employees get hired at $20-40k above midpoint, and many people joke that it's better to leave the company for a year and try to get hired back because of the raise. Depending on your department, promotion opportunities can be very limited and attrition can be as high as 100% per year.

Advice to Management

Reduce red tape when we try to get something done. Not saying go back to the pre-MOU days but it's really hard to get things done now compared to 2005-2008. Outsourcing so many jobs hurts morale, especially when those folks are paid just as much as we are so we are at a loss of reason.

2. "Satisfying yet slightly slanted on business end with employees pay scale/raise"

Current Employee - Loan Operations Coordinator in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Loan Operations Coordinator in Richmond, VA

Pros

They offer full benefits as well as the work can lead to better possibilities down the road so I'm told. Management is flexible with time off for pto

Cons

They do not recognize the employees work in a monetary value in my position. Meanwhile asking more than what is in the job description

Advice to Management

Reward those employees that go above and beyond with a pay raise Be open to the idea that an employee can be saving the company numerous hours in team overtime and work with this individual on a one on one basis to keep them happy within current pay structures for the department