Capital One - Am just starting next week. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

"Am just starting next week."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Capital One part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seems like a wonderful company to work for. Everyone I met at the open house that they had for us new employees had nothing but praise for Capital One. I will work from home, they even supply a computer and all necessary equipment and the job will start at 13.03 per hour. They put 3% into your 401k. All medical, dental, vision are available after 6 months. WOW! I can't wait to start work for them! I am really excited about this job. Working Monday thru
Friday (weekends off). They have various shifts available. I picked 12pm to 7pm with an hour off for lunch! Woopie! My favorite shift. I have ams available and evening available.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing negative to say about this wonderful employer. I'm in love with my job already. I always remember that if your love what you are doing, you never have to work a day in your life!

Advice to Management

You do a fantastic job thru the entire process. Everyone is happy and exciting to have us on board.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

"Good company, but weird sense of collaboration"

Former Employee - Trainer in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Trainer in Framingham, MA

I worked at Capital One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Good benefits
    - Fair advancement potential
    - Great career-training and competency development opportunities
    - Encouraging of diversity, to a large extent

Cons

- Team environments and/or project-team environments often felt very finger-pointed in nature, vs. a true sense of genuine collaboration I've seen since employed there.
    - Emphasis on perfecting weaknesses vs. fostering development of strengths.
    - Certain satellite offices or sub-groups within organization don't get same bonus-perks as other teams (i.e. quarterly offsite team-building activities, etc.).

Advice to Management

Although I emerged with a very strong work ethic and work background from my time with this company, encouraging the development of employees' strengths vs. obsessing about their weaknesses gives a level of confidence, enthuiasm, and motivation that I have witnessed work miracles at other organizations, but for some reason the opposite is employed here. I do think that it forges a well-rounded employee coming out of a long-term position here, however strengths were almost hard to identify after moving on to a new organization, given the constant chaotic focus on weaknesses at this company.

"Disappointing experience, overall"

Former Employee - Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Capital One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits (health insurance, 401K matching, on-site banking, fitness center, etc).

Cons

Politics, confusion and broken promises among/between upper management. Corporate leadership wants change/innovation/growth, but individual leaders generally don't want to change anything in their departments because they are so entrenched in the unique "Capital One Way" (even if it's no longer "the best way"), leading to mixed messages and conflicting direction at the implementation level.