Capital One - Good place in general | Glassdoor

"Good place in general"

Current Intern - Statistician in Plano, TX
Current Intern - Statistician in Plano, TX

I have been working at Capital One as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people, a lot of training

Cons

Some pressure, many people work overtime

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

1. "Very open-minded company"

Former Employee - Teller in Lake Charles, LA
    Former Employee - Teller in Lake Charles, LA

I worked at Capital One part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very open-minded (e.g., in terms of sexual orientation etc.); great support system in the branch I worked at; great opportunities for advancement; great health insurance

Cons

bad pay for tellers ($9/hr in Louisiana); too much focus on upselling for tellers and bankers; terrible evaluation system for hiring at corporate in Richmond (beware of the behavioral interviews!)

Advice to Management

I used to be a teller and, despite of a certain lack of intellectual stimulation, I had a great time there. After six months, I was interviewed in Richmond for a position in data engineering. I didn't get an offer because of ONE question during the behavioral interviews that I couldn't answer (apparently I did great in all the other parts of the interview process), which lowered my average score just below the hiring threshold. Seriously!? I love algorithms too, but in terms of hiring you might want to stick to more than plain numbers.

"Am just starting next week."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Capital One part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seems like a wonderful company to work for. Everyone I met at the open house that they had for us new employees had nothing but praise for Capital One. I will work from home, they even supply a computer and all necessary equipment and the job will start at 13.03 per hour. They put 3% into your 401k. All medical, dental, vision are available after 6 months. WOW! I can't wait to start work for them! I am really excited about this job. Working Monday thru
    Friday (weekends off). They have various shifts available. I picked 12pm to 7pm with an hour off for lunch! Woopie! My favorite shift. I have ams available and evening available.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing negative to say about this wonderful employer. I'm in love with my job already. I always remember that if your love what you are doing, you never have to work a day in your life!

Advice to Management

You do a fantastic job thru the entire process. Everyone is happy and exciting to have us on board.