Capital One - Good work culture | Glassdoor

"Good work culture"

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice campus. People focus. Lot's of team building activities. Flexible schedule.

Cons

. Very busy environment. Lots of meeting.

Advice to Management

Limit area of focus.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

"Overall working at Capital One has been a great experience"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Capital One offers great benefits, including non traditional benefits outside of dental/medical categories. They have a gym with personal trainers (for a small fee), a doctor's office for you and your family, a post office, and a bank all on site (at least at two of the corporate locations that I have visited).

Capital One is open to flexible work arrangements. Some groups are more flexible than others, but there is a general push towards ensuring that everyone feels that they have a good level of flexibility in the workplace. I have been lucky enough to benefit from this, as I am allowed to work from home some days ( i do it at least once a week!). This is one of the reasons that Capital One has been consistently ranked as a top workplace for working mothers.

In general I feel that Capital One hires great people. Most people that I have encountered are intelligent, driven, collaborative people. Most of them are friendly as well, which makes coming to work a lot easier!

Cons

I have noticed that there is a tendency in the culture to want to meet about everything. This is good from a collaborative point of view, but it seems to me that some meetings are scheduled "just to be had." This eats up time to actually do the work- there is a lot of talking but not a lot of actual process! Some groups have a tendency to over-complicate. Some groups seem to expect a high level of multitasking ability, which is proven to be an inefficient way to work.

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping things simple- I feel that there is a tendency to over-complicate. Also, I think it is important for associates at all levels to take a step back from their work and ask themselves "How is this adding value? To whom or what is this adding value? Could this be done more efficiently?" as I have felt like many of the items I have been tasked with were not worthwhile (and overtime were proven as such as the report or project got scrapped).

2. "Very Satisfied and contempt witht he responsibilitties and aopportunities provided"

Current Employee - Senior MIS Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior MIS Analyst in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Capital One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible work location (Mobility)
    Flow Down management

Cons

Salary
    i dont have any other cons