Capital One - Great place to work overall, management could learn a few things though!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital One

"Great place to work overall, management could learn a few things though!!"

Former Employee - Process Coordinator II in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Process Coordinator II in Plano, TX

I worked at Capital One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I worked there, I loved the culture and my co-workers. There are also great opportunies to give back and serve the community. If you are looking to learn and grow this is a great place to do so. I started as a bank teller and was able to transfer to an administrative role within a year. There are many days I miss working there, and even though it was a cutback in my department that led to me losing my position there I am forever thankful for the wonderful opportunities I had while working at Capital One.

Cons

Their hiring process can be long and a bit crazy with multiple interviews on one day. I lost my position due to cutbacks and even though I had tons of internal people trying to help me get a new position, and had excellent performance reviews, I wasn't able to find other work within. So, even though they talk about retaining quality talent, they don't mean it when it comes to the bottom line. However, you find that at every company.

Advice to Management

When you have talent, and individuals who have constantly proven themseleves and have had valid high scores on their reviews you shouldn't allow them to walk out the door to unemployment. Especially when that employee is saying they want to learn other things and stay with the company, and has shown their ability to learn quickly. Also, if you are going to let that happen, please don't pretend you care about retaining talent.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

1. "Wasn't there very long"

I worked at Capital One full-time

Pros

Training was very informative and not rushed

Cons

Scheduling was horrible after the training period

Advice to Management

All managers complained that they made more working on the phones with commission

2. "I love my company"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Capital One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities for growth, easy to advance.

Cons

No cons as of yet.