Capital One - Not too bad. | Glassdoor

"Not too bad."

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Richmond, VA

Pros

Great pay and benefits.
Flexible with time off.
Nice campus (West Creek)

Cons

You should have a thick skin with regards to criticism.
You have to hand hold a lot of people since there can be a revolving door of folks in and out of there.
Parking isn't great if you show up late.
Be prepared to work your rear off.

Advice to Management

Don't be so harsh on the contractors. They're keeping your business up and running.
Less meetings, more "doing".

Other Employee Reviews for Capital One

"Worst job experience in my entire life."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

The benefits are on par with the industry, and Capital One does support it's sales people through bonuses and aggressive marketing.

Cons

The transition from Chevy Chase Bank to Capital One Bank was not only ineptly planned and executed, but was a giant step in the wrong direction for both the customers and employees. I have never, ever, dealt with so many dissatisfied customers in my life, or seen so many confused and disgruntled employees. I have three decades of job experience and I can honestly say this is the worst job experience in my life. (Note: my comments apply to the banking side only. The card side, under the leadership of Ryan Schneider, seems to be a well run and positive environment).

Advice to Management

I would offer feedback or advice to to the leadership but they seem to have all the answers already, and I honestly don't think they would listen to a word I would say, anyway.

"Good Company, Mostly Interesting work"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Richmond, VA

Pros

Good company to work for, treat employees well with lots of opportunities for training, learning, etc, good benefits and salary. Gives the chance to do interesting work in the financial services sector while being in a more laid-back environment with good work-life balance

Cons

Company is very large which has its benefits, but also means that analysts at times can feel like 'one cog in the machine' and that their work has very little impact because it is only one part of one project for one segment, etc.

Advice to Management

Overall leadership is good, if anything middle management could be better.