Capital Senior Living - Extremely disappointing | Glassdoor

"Extremely disappointing"

Former Employee - Director of Marketing
Former Employee - Director of Marketing

Pros

Decent Health Insurance
average salary
401K after 1 year

Cons

No advancement potential for women, this is a total "Boys Club" All the men at the top are friends and women are never promoted. Marketing Directors work twice as many hours in a week as the Executive Director, but they are the first to be blammed and "fired" once their census drops. It's very sad to have seen many women in the company leave or be fired due to the laziness and incompetence of the Executive Director and VP. Total boys club!

Advice to Management

Horrible leadership in the midwest properties

Other Employee Reviews for Capital Senior Living

"Don't come here for the money or advancement, only come if you have a soft spot in your heart for retirees."

Current Employee - Courtesy Guard
    Current Employee - Courtesy Guard

Pros

Our residents become a part of your life. They aren't all wonderful, but the good ones make up for all the lousy ones.

Cons

Low pay for what we do, but it's that way across the board in other facilities like ours. No room for advancement. Low raises. We are definitely not here for the "Company", but for the residents.

Advice to Management

There's a way to keep good employees. Research some methods. It may improve our facilities. Our residents *PAY US* to keep them happy. We are not doing our job very well when all I hear are complaints from them. Listen to your residents and act upon their concerns accordingly. I am sickened by how "Corporate" treats our residents and in turn, the facility management. This is obviously a Top-Down company.

"Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Capital Senior Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The flexibility in my position. The residents and other staff appreciate my contributions. All of this is at the property level within the company.

Cons

Capital Senior Living owns another property in town offering the basically the same options as the ones offered at the property I work for. There is often confusion between the two, especially given the demographic of our market. Corporate is not willing to allow marketing and name recognition at the property level.

Advice to Management

When delegating tasks, please provide the authority to complete the assigned task without consistently being rejected on an idea. The micro managing at the property level is intense. They request fresh ideas and creativity and then reject all ideas that are presented.