Capital Senior Living - Don't come here for the money or advancement, only come if you have a soft spot in your heart for retirees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capital Senior Living

"Don't come here for the money or advancement, only come if you have a soft spot in your heart for retirees."

Current Employee - Courtesy Guard
Current Employee - Courtesy Guard

Pros

Our residents become a part of your life. They aren't all wonderful, but the good ones make up for all the lousy ones.

Cons

Low pay for what we do, but it's that way across the board in other facilities like ours. No room for advancement. Low raises. We are definitely not here for the "Company", but for the residents.

Advice to Management

There's a way to keep good employees. Research some methods. It may improve our facilities. Our residents *PAY US* to keep them happy. We are not doing our job very well when all I hear are complaints from them. Listen to your residents and act upon their concerns accordingly. I am sickened by how "Corporate" treats our residents and in turn, the facility management. This is obviously a Top-Down company.

Other Employee Reviews for Capital Senior Living

1. "cook"

Current Employee - Cook in Oakwood, GA
    Current Employee - Cook in Oakwood, GA

I have been working at Capital Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Making older people happy with their food

Cons

terrible pay, no money at the end of the month for food

2. "Less Pay and no dishwasher for dinner"

Current Employee - Server in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Irving, TX

Pros

I like the residents .I like the work environment. Nice and friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Its less pay.That has been a long term issue. They make us overwork.During dinner time the servers are so shorthanded that there is never a dishwasher and we have two servers in the dining room. It gets really stressful because its hard to attend the residents.Sometimes the residents come late after 6 which is why servers get behind.The servers end up getting in trouble for overtime.It's hard to clock out at 7 when they expect us to.Sometimes its not possible because it's a lot of work when it's clean up time. Too much harassment and pressure.

Advice to Management

They need to increase the salary.They need to hire a dishwasher and a third server for dinner so the servers can get out at 7.