Capitol Autism Services - This company has given me several opportunities for advancement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capitol Autism Services

"This company has given me several opportunities for advancement"

Current Employee - Scheduler in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Scheduler in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Competitive salary, great group of people to work with, paid training room for advancement and they acknowledge and recognize your work.

Cons

Unfortunately due to the states economic deficit we have not received salary increases for the past three years although they give employees room for advancement

Other Employee Reviews for Capitol Autism Services

"I work for a great cause and the company culture is fun and very supportive."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Working with the kids - very rewarding
    Supportive management
    The company cares about the success of the clients and families we provide services to

Cons

I am required to drive a lot, which is tough on my car and sometimes my patience!
    Sometimes it can be frustrating when parents of client's are not supportive of program...how will their child truly be successful without their buy-in?

Advice to Management

I would love to see us expand our services to include adults as well as other types of special needs.

2. "First Impression: Newly Hired (currently in 90-day introductory period)"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician
    Current Employee - Behavior Technician

I have been working at Capitol Autism Services part-time

Pros

This company is extremely organized with their orientation and training (office or in the field). Highly professional within their policies and deliverance of ethics and job performances from all ends such as scheduling, training, and relationships with one another (supervisor to employee, employee to employee). They seem very empathetic as well from their policies of calling in. I've had bad experiences with other companies unable to understand employees run into mishaps and trouble pertaining to outside of work. Love their Open Door Policy, which encourages employees to come forward for any concerns to maintain a healthy and positive environment.

Cons

This company does take regulations of rule very seriously, and therefore, may seem extremely strict. Requesting time off may be difficult as there is a tedious process of, first, to be able to coordinate with clients and other employees to construct a plan to a make up of future hours canceled/rescheduled prior to time off, second, documents to fill out in regards to the time off, and third, then send the TOR document with the document of plan of making up the hours to then get approved. This company also required CPR certification but it wasn't so bad of a certification to earn when it comes to time and effort consumption in the training period.

Advice to Management

Possible decrease in difficulty of TOR process.