Capitol Concierge - Review | Glassdoor

"Review"

Current Employee - Concierge in Silver Spring, MD
Current Employee - Concierge in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Capitol Concierge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

competitive pay, many locations, versatility

Cons

the management, some of the properties, WORKING HOLIDAYS

Feb 29, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review!

Other Employee Reviews for Capitol Concierge

"Not much more than you'd expect."

I have been working at Capitol Concierge (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting new and interesting people, ability to become acquainted with clients. While at work, you can feel like your own boss; you dictate what you do and when, as long as it works for the clients; no immediate pressure from the execs because they are not there with you on shift.

Cons

Pay is terrible; it is barely enough to make ends meet when you are working 40 hours/week. You are able to pick up shifts to make more, but you don't get compensated monetarily for the extra work that you do.
    Though a training session is provided, you are thrown (literally) into the lions nest for your first shift, where you are expected to learn everything about the entire building at once to be able to assist clients/residents. It is not realistic to be able to handle every situation, on your own, on your first day.
    The dress code, while easy to follow, does not make it easy to move around and do your job- moving big boxes in and our of package rooms is difficult to do in professional dress attire since there is virtually no give in the pants or suit jackets. You literally only go to the office for your interview, training, and to pick up your first check; after that you fly solo.

Advice to Management

On site training is the only way for us to be able to do our jobs successful when you set us free. There is no way for us to be able to service our clients as you want us to when we have never even been to our building until we clock in for our first shift and get a quick tour before being left alone. Let up on the dress code a bit. Professional dress can have color and other fabrics- more breathable material. Also, get to know your employees before sending them to random locations and hoping for the best. Some will thrive in the more hectic environments, while others won't.

Jan 30, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the candor.

""USURPATION""

I worked at Capitol Concierge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is always work but no overtime.

Cons

Wages are too low and no overtime.

Advice to Management

There is not enough "diversity" out in the field.

Jan 30, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. Although some of your feedback is not necessarily correct (Ex. We do pay overtime, but FT employees are monitored carefully to try not and go into overtime. After all it ... More