Capstone Search Group - Best career move ever | Glassdoor

"Best career move ever"

Current Employee - Search Consultant in Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Search Consultant in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Capstone Search Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Capstone is a perfect blend of a company with good Midwest values (hard work ethic, caring people, work/life balance) and ability to work with Fortune 100 companies across the country. They pride themselves on having not only insurance industry knowledge, but they are on the cutting edge of new ideas within the realm of recruiting, retaining, and empowering top talent.

Cons

The only downside to working at Capstone is that you better be prepared for some sweat equity. You cannot be successful by only showing up 9-5. The ideal person to be successful at this organization is self-motivated, driven to succeed, and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Keep your best people happy. The average tenure within Capstone is well above industry average. If and when those top performers stay engaged, the sky is the limit for future success.

Other Employee Reviews for Capstone Search Group

1. "Committed to Success & Development"

Current Employee - Search Associate in Clive, IA
    Current Employee - Search Associate in Clive, IA

I have been working at Capstone Search Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would consider myself in the beginning stages of my career. After working for Capstone nearly 1 year, I can't imagine being a part of another organization that would be as committed to me, as I am to them.

The people that work here and the people that I get to build relationships is the ultimate pro. I came here with absolutely no knowledge of insurance and now I would consider myself well versed in the industry, I can't take all the credit, it really has been due to the entire team being so willing to answer any questions.

Additionally, the flexibility is great! Very family-friendly environment.

Cons

As in all recruiting positions, you are in charge of your own success. If you are not doing as well as you would like, you are the one needing to change your approach.

Being so new still, I am excited to see what happens when the people I speak with today, make a difference for my future.

Advice to Management

Always keep looking to the future and be able to evolve with the world of recruiting.

2. "Tremendous Company; Great Team!!"

Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Search Consultant in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Capstone Search Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I joined Capstone as a young insurance professional with just a few years of sales experience. At the time I was just hoping that I could make the transition into recruiting with some of the insurance knowledge I gained being beneficial. What I found was every bit of my insurance experience was fostered into becoming a successful insurance recruiter, but more so I discovered a career that I didn't know was possible through the guidance and mentoring of Capstone's two presidents. They created an environment that was challenging but supportive; one that was about being ethical and working hard but not at the expense of work/life balance. Its great to come to work with supportive people who lift one another up during the successes and failures that come with any career but especially so in sales. I'm very grateful that Capstone's owners saw in me the opportunity to have a career in recruiting and invested in my success.

Cons

Any sales job can be a roller coaster with starts, stops and unexpected turns. This isn't unique to Capstone but really any sales organization that relies on strong relationship building internally and with external partners. I think the owners do an excellent job of guiding CSG's team through the ups and downs and keep a very level head when the going gets tough.

Advice to Management

Management definitely has a vision for Capstone. Thank you for inviting every employee to be a part of creating and shaping that plan.