Capterra - I work as a summer intern at Capterra. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capterra

"I work as a summer intern at Capterra."

Current Intern - Software Analyst in Arlington, VA
Current Intern - Software Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Capterra as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Capterra has a very unique culture. It is very laid back and fun! The office is completely open (no individual offices or closed cubicles) to encourage communication. The company is driven by four principles such as "Be ridiculously helpful." These principles help to guide decision making and attitude. The employees are all warm and friendly. Capterra believes in personal improvement, aiding its employees in being the best they can be. Hours are very flexible. Additionally, Capterra has no dress code, a ping pong break room, a fully stocked kitchen, and more perks to create a very enjoyable and comfortable environment!

Cons

As Capterra is a small, relatively new company, there is little room for promotion and career development. Because of this, employees tend to either make their career at Capterra or turnover quickly. Also, as an intern, tasks can get a little boring, but you can listen to music.

Advice to Management

Varying intern tasks would create a less stale, boring feeling for the interns. Even having two tasks to switch between breaks up the monotony of spreadsheets.

Other Employee Reviews for Capterra

1. "A very rewarding and results-driven environment"

I have been working at Capterra full-time

Pros

The company culture here is very strong! It's a very flexible schedule and they really value their employee satisfaction. If you put in the work they value your opinions and suggestions. Everyone is super-friendly and so helpful. The management is also very involved with all the subordinates which is atypical.

Cons

There are no offices or cubes so if you are not comfortable with an open space environment then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Although, we are now expanding I hope the management continues to be as involved as they have been so far! You guys truly built a phenomenal atmosphere.

"Fulfilling job and talented staff"

I have been working at Capterra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The vast majority of staff work very hard to contribute to their teams. I always feel challenged and there is a distinct entrepreneurial spirit that encourages employees to explore different projects and lines of business. The business side is very transparent and I trust my supervisor has my best interest at heart. The salary is fair and hard work is rewarded.

Cons

It's difficult to get to know other members of teams unless you work directly with them on a project. There are many demands and priorities that are placed on us from our parent company, and additional staff is needed to address those needs.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, quickly. Identify areas and projects that can be serviced by temporary staff if needed (data projects, reporting, etc.) and bring on short term staff for temp-to-hire positions.