Capterra - One of the best places I've ever worked. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Capterra

"One of the best places I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Capterra full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything is a pro in one way or another.

The team is amazing. Everyone is really kind and easy to get along with, and more importantly, everyone brings something unique and great to the table. I've generally been a pretty introspective, introverted type of person, and *every* single person at Capterra has gone out of their way in some way to make me feel comfortable, which I totally didn't expect. Everyone jives in a cool, familial kind of way. It makes the office very comfortable.

The work is a great mix of interesting, cutting edge, and fun. I'm an engineer and when it comes to our projects, our job is ultimately to make things better. So, sometimes the ideas come from the business team and other times they come from within the tech team, but we're always doing something. I like to keep moving and stay active, so it's perfect for me. Our bosses are very open minded when it comes to working with new technologies -- just make a case. If it makes sense, they're willing to do it. But at the same time, everyone brings their experience and wisdom to the table and everything has a point and a purpose. Plus, I'm a total Rubyist which is awesome for me because we do 90% of our development in Ruby.

Plus, our tech team is small, but extremely impressive. Everyone I work with is very intelligent. It may seem like an odd thing, but I have a genius IQ and when I was looking for a new role, I was pretty stubborn about making sure the people I would be working with would be able to roll at my level and I've been very satisfied in regards to this. I've been involved in several interviews for new tech team members at this point and we are extremely picky too. It feels good that I was chosen, but it is especially cool that my team members want to be around other highly intelligent people too, which is why we are so particular when it comes to new team members.

There are lots of other pros, like the benefits: 401K 5% match, the stocked fridge, the 100% paid health insurance (for individuals its 100%, i think families pay a little bit), free parking, annual bonuses, good pay, tons of vacation time, and sabbatical after 5 years, etc.

But beyond everything else, I really feel appreciated. I feel like I'm part of the team and I feel like I have a purpose here. That's the biggest pro of all.

Cons

Here's the thing. There really aren't cons unless Capterra isn't the place for you to begin with. Like, if you're the type of person who is more interested in a paycheck than anything else, this isn't the place for you. The money is great, don't get me wrong, but the team members here are passionate, driven, and really into what they do. If you are the type of person who just wants a project and then to shut everyone else out and do your own thing for days on end, then this isn't the place for you. It's a very collaborative environment and we're always communicating and kicking around ideas. We have plenty of time to do our own things, ie. coding with headphones on, but it's all about working as a team.

Advice to Management

None, really. It's a great company and things are done well. I wouldn't mind an intranet site linking the HR sites plus a list of all of the benefits. It took me a little while to find out about some of the lesser known benefits, but that's not even a big deal.

Other Employee Reviews for Capterra

"Incredible work environment with leadership that encourages employees to excel and grow."

Former Employee - Business Development in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Arlington, VA

I worked at Capterra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was never a dull day and I always looked forward to going to work each morning. Beside the fact that I truly enjoyed the work I was doing within my job description, I was given the freedom to take on whichever additional projects I could dream up and encouraged and helped to achieve them. That ranged from a business theory book club with the exec team, creating and executing random marketing ideas, changing our customer service business practices and even creating a new role that better fit my strengths and starting a new position.

Beyond the business work, it is a comfortable and encouraging work environment. The lack of dress code, flexible hours and unlimited snacks help frame the openness in the office. The fun monthly activities also add a nice twist to keep you on your toes.

Cons

This may be a con that not many can relate to, but light background noise is very distracting for me. Since it is an open office you can hear your coworkers when they are on calls and if I wasn't 100% concentrated, I would get distracted. The goal of the open office is to learn from how your coworkers handle different situations on the phone and it definitely does help with that. On the plus side, when I told a member of the exec team about this, they got me noise cancelling headphones and the problem was solved.

Advice to Management

After almost four years at Capterra I learned what most of the amenities were that employees are given, but I don't feel it is always adequately conveyed to new hires. I would recommend making it a more official process so all new hires see how awesome it can be.

"This summer's internship, even better than last summer, was so much fun as well as being incredibly educative."

Current Intern - Buyer Adviser in Arlington, VA
    Current Intern - Buyer Adviser in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Capterra as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the work environment-- my coworkers were unbelievably kind and fun to work with. The work itself was also very enjoyable-- I felt as if I were pushing myself in a really good way, constantly learning new ways to improve my performance and the work I was completing.

Cons

There were absolutely no cons to working at Capterra. I would definitely work here again if given the chance.

Advice to Management

Nothing!