CarMax - I have thoroughly enjoyed my career with CarMax. It is a company with integrity and offers a clear path for growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CarMax

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my career with CarMax. It is a company with integrity and offers a clear path for growth."

Current Employee - Sales Manager
Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at CarMax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really enjoy the people that I work with and the training received on a continuous basis.

Cons

Not too many cons. I would say the base salary for someone starting out is lower than a traditional salary in this industry but I feel like it is a great work environment.

Advice to Management

No advice. They do a great job.

Other Employee Reviews for CarMax

"Used and abused"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at CarMax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weekends and most holidays off

Cons

Management always makes empty promises. They tell you they want you to expand and grow with promises of moving up in the company... pretty much a bunch of you know what. You do everything in your power to get there but end up doing work above your pay grade, stay for long hours, work weekends all for nothing. You'll never move up or see a raise. Do not work here.

"Great employees, lots of micromanagement"

I have been working at CarMax full-time

Pros

My location has a lot of great employees. Great training and education to sell.

Cons

The micromanagement is just borderline unbearable. Most frustrating line "What do you think you could have done differently there?" I would much prefer a "hey, great job. i saw some opportunities like x, x, x...what do you think?" It just a different tone.

Advice to Management

Have more confidence in your employees. Corrective conversation isn't a bad thing, but tone definitely makes a big difference when it comes to moral.