Caradigm - Once in a lifetime chance to make game changing healthcare analytics and applications | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Caradigm

"Once in a lifetime chance to make game changing healthcare analytics and applications"

Current Employee - Engineering Director in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Engineering Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Caradigm full-time

Pros

Timely opportunity to impact and change a large industry by bringing the best of today's technology to healthcare IT. If you don't have experience working in a startup best advice is to not look at Caradigm. On the other hand if you like a vibrant environment, get energized by a fast pace, don't mind wearing many hats and doing whatever it takes to delight customers... don't wast any time; join in the fun at Caradigm. No, I don't work in Marketing, nor am I in HR. I am on the engineering team and I absolutely love working at the company. Working at Caradigm is a rare blend of a startup (been a company for about a year) with the benefits and backing of very large and profitable parent companies (GE and Microsoft). Combine this with the four company values Customer, Teamwork, Simplicity and Promises and you get the culture in the company. This is one company that actually lives its values. Very transparent corporate culture resulting in no politics!

Cons

Startup environment so expect there to be more work than people to get the job done. Meaning, you will work long hours but everything you do will have a direct impact to the toughest engineering and business issues our country and economy faces today. Schedules are tight and execution focus is keenly watched so very little room for error. What this means is you will work with senior leadership regularly so everyone is expected to lead their area. If this kind of work is not for you, don't join the company.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on growing the top line, preserve the special culture we have built in the company, hold the recruiting bar high and let's go get 'em!

Other Employee Reviews for Caradigm

"Missing vision, demoralized staff, and in the death spiral search for silver bullets..."

Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/family balance.
    The company works very closely with offshore teams (mostly in India).
    Being in healthcare means that it is possible to see/how what you do could lead to improved patient outcomes.

Cons

Leadership is severely lacking.
    Middle management seems lost in a fog of denial and back biting.
    Horribly under resourced for it's intended goals.
    There is no silver bullet in an industry this conservative. Looking for quick fixes (such as hiring folks to write positive reviews on this web-site) only hinder the organizations cause.

Advice to Management

Customers define your business. The role of engineering teams is to provide product for those who work with those customers. Currently this formula seems upside down.

"Great people, great benefits, hard work that matters, with a focus on personal and technical growth."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Caradigm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits - Caradigm pays up to $3K into your personal HSA
    great benefits - Caradigm pays up to $800 for health-related reimbursement (Kayak!)
    great benefits - Caradigm has 401K matching
    great people - very nice, helpful people
    my manager - very aware of technical issues and solutions

Cons

lots of work (can you say 'Start-up'?)
    deadlines that are promised are very aggressive
    not enough pause between sprints