"Great Company, Good Culture"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Carbon38 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Carbon38 is a super high-growth company in an exciting industry. A lot of good, hard working people here. We are just getting big enough to matter while still being small enough where you get a view into everything happening in the company. Also special to work someplace where the Founder/CEO is still in place and can keep us on track to the vision and purpose.

Cons

Not really a con, but things move very quickly here. You have to be ready to roll up your sleeves and work hard.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

"Lots of Growth Opportunities"

5.0

I have been working at Carbon38 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is growing up. It is moving out of start up mode and into small business. With this growth there is so much opportunity to learn, take on more and advance. I am never bored here and Carbon38 always challenges me to be better.

Cons

A lot of employees have been here through this fast growth. Sometimes it's hard for people to adjust to a company changing from a start up environment as it means some more rules and growing up a bit. But that speaks to the companies success.

"White Privilege - Old Mentality"

1.0
    Former Employee - Design Department

I worked at Carbon38 full-time

Pros

Had a nice office with beautiful views of Culver City. Snacks all day, but will make gain weight!

Cons

Very old fashion mentality that privileges white people. Favoritism with the white and rich. Overworked and under paid! Oh, unless you're white and rich or course. Work life balance was awful for all the non-white workers who never got the help they needed. This company does not promote family life balance. So if you're a parent don't work here. They don't have good family values. They will work you to the bone and will never give you a raise or a bonus. Most of the people I worked with never received a raise in 3-4 years. The excuse was that there was no budget. Yet year in and year out more upper management white co-workers were being hired and more white counterpart were being promoted and given a salary raise. And yes, with much higher salaries per their job description. The company has never intended to share a slice of the pie with certain group of minority workers as they just don't really matter to them. Or if you happened to be someone's buddy who was also white...yup you got a fat salary without needing to be qualified. Terribly sad and discouraging.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Carbon38.