Carbonite - Seasoned veteran of the call center world in Maine. Bay far, Carbonite provides the best overall package. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Carbonite

"Seasoned veteran of the call center world in Maine. Bay far, Carbonite provides the best overall package."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

I have been working at Carbonite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Imagine a company closing an India based call center to bring their support back to the US, knowing it will cost more to do so! Color me impressed. This is what drew me to the company initially, at a time when I was already gainfully employed. What has kept me here is the fantastic environment, awesome co-workers, exceptional benefits, and competitive pay. I've worked for several large call centers in various capacities, and this one by far is the best I have seen. Expectations are laid out for you, so you are in control of your own success. Those who learn this quickly do very well here. Those who call in sick often or are tardy do not last long here. Ultimately absenteeism hurts our customers and fellow co-workers. They deserve better than that. Besides, if you do not call in sick, you can use this time to take PLANNED time off.

Senior Leaders who have taken the reigns began their careers working in call centers. This means they understand what our Reps do every day, and the challenges they face. I can't stress how important that is, and how much of a positive impact it has had on morale. Senior Leaders are always willing to look at issues that arise. However, if you are complaining just for the sake of complaining, don't waste everyone's time. Along with your complaint, bring a possible solution to the table and watch how quickly the problem will go away.

Our benefits package is simply outstanding. Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, 401k with a company match, and lots more. Benefits also take effect on your first day of employment with Carbonite! Nowhere else have I experienced this.

By far, our Employee Referral Program is the best I have ever seen. Refer a candidate, and if they work out, you will be given a $1,000 bonus!

EVERY Team Manager in Lewiston started on the phones. Some folks willingly left managerial positions to start a career here and are now in Managerial positions.

Cons

The structured nature of a call center is not for everyone. Even though we have candidates listen to calls for 45 minutes, I am still amazed how many people do not understand what working in a call center means. No, you can not make your own schedule. Negativity and poor performance are not tolerated (which to me is a positive, but judging by some of the other reviews I think it is worth saying).

Advice to Management

Continue soliciting feedback from the Reps who take care of our customers. They know what the common issues are and can help address issues before they become detrimental to the business.

Other Employee Reviews for Carbonite

1. "Fabulous company to work for, if you like call center work."

Pros

Good pay, great benefits. A relaxed atmosphere devoted to enhancing not only the customer experience but also the employee, in this way they are fairly progressive. Positive environment overall.

Cons

While the intentions are good, it's still a corporation which means change can be slow in coming, but they are honestly trying. They take employee suggestions and implement them eventually. Scheduling just plain sucks. People there for 6 months have more schedule options that those there for years. They say it's difficult to implement, but this simply isn't true with all the systems they have in place for tracking and stats. I do believe change is on the way.

Advice to Management

There is an air of general superiority about the managers (a small minority) that isn't doing the company any favors. Get over yourselves! 95% of you are cool.

2. "So great I came back for another round"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Carbonite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Carbonite is hands down the best place I've worked. In addition to being able to work with some of the smartest and more driven people it's ever been my pleasure to know Carbonite, more than any other company has shown a genuine interest in promoting and developing employees. If you're dedicated and passionate about developing your career Carbonite is the place to do it.

Cons

The coffee machine breaks a lot, they don't order enough pop tarts and you have to take the green line other than that it's the best job I ever had.

Advice to Management

Keep finding smart people and keep moving them up and Carbonite will be a great place to work for a long time.

Also get coconut seltzer, it's really the only flavor we're lacking.