Cardinal Health - Solid, large company to work for in a growing industry | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

"Solid, large company to work for in a growing industry"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dublin, OH
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, better than average compensation and bonus plans, enjoyable colleagues and workplace in general

Cons

Incentive plans are just like every other large employer - geared towards rewarding management (at all levels) for work they didn't necessarily do on their own, not an overly creative company

Advice to Management

Get rid of annual incentives, and incentivize all employees on measurable value added through their individual efforts

Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health

1. "NPS"

Former Employee - Director in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Director in Dublin, OH

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting work, and used to be a great group of people. Decent pay and good benefits.Company car for sales and varied hours for operations.

Cons

Many changes lately includung down sizing that resulted in many very poor decisions at the executive levels. Retention of poor performers (Sacred cows) is an issue here. If one was liked, they were often retained unless the immediate manager took the initiative to remove them. It was not in the culture from top down at all. Hair drug testing is another negative, and to me is unacceptable. I am not a drug user, but conceptually, what I do on my time is my business.Testing for metabolites of something one may have taken 80 days ago while not on the clock is absurd and in my opinion should be illegal. Thus is just one example ofthe lack of decency and common sense used in this organization currently. Its parent company, Syncor, was a very good organization and a pleasure to work for.

Advice to Management

Quit beinig so arrogant and "high and mighty". You preached that 70% leave the manager not the organization. But keeping bad managers and employees is common. Let people live their lives on their time and use common sense. Hire people without college degrees if their past performance shows they have and can perform. No wonder CAH went from a fortune 16 company to being divided and plummeting.

"Customer Service Center in Sherwood Ar"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sherwood, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sherwood, AR

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, work-life balance, easy job, anyone could do it.

Cons

They do not care about their employees. All they care about are numbers.

Advice to Management

Listen to the concerns of the employees and actually do something about them. The Voice of the Employee survey seems to not even matter to upper management. At least act like you care about the people that work there.