Cardinal Health - Summer Intern | Glassdoor

"Summer Intern"

Former Intern - Finance Intern in Dublin, OH
Former Intern - Finance Intern in Dublin, OH

I worked at Cardinal Health as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Warm and friendly culture -- my manager in particular was extremely inviting and understanding. I had two performance reviews throughout the summer and received a lot of valuable feedback. In addition, I felt that my manager very much wanted to help me with my professional goals even after the program ended.

Intern programming was excellent; we had numerous events each week which included community service, professional development, and social events.

Subsidized housing was nice, too.

Upper management was VERY personable and I felt they sincerely wanted to meet and interact with the interns. We had the chance to meet and interact with the CEO and the other members of the C-suite.

Cons

I actually felt the work wasn't fast-paced enough, but this may have been because I was just an intern. I also didn't like the concept of "work politics", although admittedly this is likely prevalent at most companies. Finally, one reason I chose not to return for full-time was due to the compensation.

Advice to Management

As another review mentioned, the GPA requirement for full-time recruitment is rather short-sighted and appears to be independent of the intern's actual performance at the company. For example, interns who wanted to enter the Finance EMERGE program had a very strict GPA requirement of 3.50.

Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health

1. "warehouse associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Peabody, MA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Peabody, MA

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

paid time off, some benefits and some co-workers

Cons

wow the politics in the facility is horrible. the management team has favorites even though they say they don't. no one you can talk to because the employees learn not to trust management or HR( it seems HR is more for corporate than the people). female employees learn to use the supervisors to their advantage. employee with English as a second language doesn't know who to turn to because of fear of retaliation (there's also people describing it to being like the killing field). if you voice your opinion you're told to quit because they don't want people with opinions there( it's their way) yes some employee was told their opinion doesn't count. they have team lead that shouldn't even be leads, they were desperate because all the good team leads left and needed someone to be accountable for that department. the pay isn't that great and the longer you work the less you make compare to new hires. employee was told many time that if you don't like it then leave in the beginning of a shift which is really stupid because you just ruin the morale for the whole night. no room for advancement if you only have a high school diploma or if you're not the type who likes to suck up. VERY STRESSFUL work environment when it shouldn't be. there's more things but you can read other peoples review. btw warehouse generalist probably give the worse reviews for a reason while people in upper management gives better reviews.

Advice to Management

stop promoting suck up or kids that has no knowledge or respect for their peers, all they see is a title and they think they can boss people around. don't put 3-4 years experience on a job opening and give the job to someone who's been for less than a year while the people who's been there longer and applying for the job get a chance to advance.

"Strong Employees being lead by morons"

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time

Pros

The people are great, they give their all to the job and are a pleasure to be around

Cons

Senior Management is all about who you know. They promote from within, only the people who agree with VP's. They pay on the very low end of what is acceptable and work you to death. A personal life is not allowed.

Advice to Management

Bring in talent from outside with proven abilities and get rid of the dead weight.