Cardinal Health - OptiFreight Logistics | Glassdoor

"OptiFreight Logistics"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young, enthusiastic team of hard workers with high standards. The company is expanding very quickly. Great benefits.

Cons

There are not many remote workers on the team which makes it difficult if you are a telecommuter. It is very difficult to move around if you are not physically in the office.

Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health

"Worst career move I had ever made!"

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To be honest, I have a hard time finding pros in this company. My experience was horrible and so were those around me. I was worried bout leaving after less than a year but was lucky enough to get a way better opportunity to save me from this misery.

Cons

- Within my first 6 months, three senior leaders that were recruited from the outside were gone. Who got promoted? The people that lack innovation but drink the kool-aid...the people that have been with Cardinal for 20+ years and you know they wouldn't survive anywhere else. They moved up in the organization by kissing the tail of executives and intimidating their team members.
    - HR is useless. Management is manipulative, disrespectful, and very "blue-collar"
    -Unethical business practices
    - Several instances where I feel like I experienced HR violations but HR was not very reliable.

Advice to Management

In order to fulfill the concept of "Innovative Delivery Solutions", you need leaders that are innovative. Ones that can create and embrace a culture to change status quo in the company. Senior management needs to learn how to manage by other means besides intimidation. I have worked for other Fortune 500 companies and these "Cardinal-bred" leaders would not survive in any other organization.

"This company had great pay and benefits but the long hours and heavy workload was miserable."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits. The providing of our work shoes.

Cons

Long hours, heavy workload. Dusty. Lack of equipment. Need for more workers.

Advice to Management

Start a third shift for the Associate II, Warehouse Operations position and have a set 8 hours for each shift. The long hours, short breaks and heavy workload everyday is miserable and not healthy. Also, stop being so cheap and hire more workers and up to date computers.