Cover image for Cardinal Health

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Meaningful Work, But Disconnected Leadership

Sep 7, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Fuse office had incredibly fulfilling products and initiatives. I truly felt like I was empowering people to live healthier lives, and was making meaningful and measurable differences. The team I worked with was talented and down-to-earth. Leadership did a great job over the past couple of years building up associates that would make the company an enjoyable and rewarding place to work overall.

Cons

Above my manager, trying to engage leadership felt like running headfirst into a brick wall. There was often "analysis paralysis" - our team would need something, and months would go by until a decision could be made. By that time though, it was too late. Almost all companies have budgets for things like work from home stipends, team meals, etc. Fuse does not. It requires CIO approval to get a team out for a meal. You have to put in a special request with several rounds of approvals to get something as trivial as a peripheral for your computer. The red tape is exhausting. Lastly, leadership seems to believe that their name and "startup" building carries more appeal than it actually does. Local talent no longer needs to look for opportunities physically close; and as a result top talent will have no issue finding companies with more compelling pay and perks.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Jan 26, 2023 - External Reporting
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative work environment , and goal oriented collogues!

Cons

New to the company no cons as of now.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Typical

Dec 30, 2022 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Low stress, easy work, Ridiculous amount of PTO, benefits day 1.

Cons

Manufacturing environment that has not been organized or streamlined to maximize quality, delivery, employee satisfaction or best manufacturing processes. No idea what continuous improvement means. Leadership is weak and isolated. I am a seasoned professional with 30 years experience and a degree in Economics. I hired as entry-level to learn the business processes and workforce culture. Leadership understood I was interested in moving into a progressively responsible role but after a time I realized I was wasting my energy and talent. It’s too bad when Leadership sees you as a threat instead of an asset. This might be unique to this location (339 Mason Drive La Vergne TN) but I’ve seen this in other industries as well. I won’t be able to change the human condition, but it baffles me that people often think that if you are an external hire that you have absolutely zero transferable skills and you don’t bring any value to the table. Typical

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Cardinal Health.

Cardinal Health Careers

Cover image for Cardinal Health

With 48,000 employees worldwide, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, health systems, hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers, clinical...More

• Our Values