Cardno - Cardno | Glassdoor

"Cardno"

Laboratory Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Cardno

Pros

interesting projects good salary opportunity to work internationally pleasant working environment I enjoyed my time at Cardno. The company has a large presence in the oil and gas sector as a civil design and construction management firm. There are benefits and drawbacks to working for a multi-national firm, and I eventually decided that I would prefer working for a mid-size firm based in the USA that was more focused in my area of expertise. I would still consider returning to Cardno.

Cons

large corporate bureaucracy poor work/life balance huge overhead costs cut into funds available for employee raises poor market sector outlook (oil and gas)

Advice to Management

I would recommend that management seek to diversify the business more out of the oil and gas sector. I would also recommend cutting through red tape and bureaucracy, which sometimes seemed to occupy more of my time than actually doing my job.

Cardno2016-11-04
  1. "Dynamic environment supports initiative and growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Cardno full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's a lot of work and management supports those who take a initiative. There's a lot of opportunity for growth. The work environmental is very collaborative and supportive.

Cons

There's a a lot of work. Some of the work is mundane, but necessary. Positives outweigh the negatives.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Cardno2019-10-29
  2. "Be Careful - Dig Deep"

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Cardno full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fairly good background in ports and harbors within the USA. Some good references to former clients when putting together proposals for new work. Can work from home since the central office is small (staff)

Cons

Mainly Government contracts - therefore risky and little room for aggressive pricing of consulting services Ownership is a venture capital firm, focused on profits which are never big enough . Company seems to be pruning itself for sale (2019) based on conversations with former employees Little interest in exploring markets outside the USA

Cardno2020-01-08

Discover more reviews about Cardno.