CareFusion - Not Great All of the Time | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion

"Not Great All of the Time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Our products are awesome. We have great people here. My mangers give great feedback and support me. I am succeeding here.

Cons

Too many FTEs walking around worried about losing their jobs everyday. This creates a tremendously stressful environment - imagine how people interact in meetings, on deadlines, etc when we are thinking "it's every man for himself!" I have been subjected to countless meetings of misery.

Advice to Management

I felt so cheated when we were forced to take two unpaid days off to meet quarterly numbers - I will never forget that.
Many of us hit by the recession still live paycheck to paycheck. One week notice to receive a shortened paycheck, and as a non-FTE I was not able to rely on PTO or sick time to compensate for the hit - that was brutal. I already have had to deal with mediocre options in purchasing health insurance in the private market these last 5 years as a consultant/contractor that has never met my needs as a human being. Stop sticking it to the little guy - we just want to be happy and not worry about survival stuff. Contemplate what it is like to be in our shoes and provide us with the tools we need to focus on being successful - please!

Other Employee Reviews for CareFusion

"This is a solid company with market leading products and a new CEO who is making the right moves"

Current Employee - Director Customer Service Technical Management in San Diego, CA

Pros

Market leading products
    Increasing spending on R&D
    Competitive benefits
    Good working environment
    Competent employees
    The company is moving in the right direction

Cons

Currently integrating businesses which leads to culture clashes
    Multuple business systems among the various business units
    Infusion products are under a consent decree with the FDA, although they are managing it well
    Quality focus restricts flexibility to get rid of non-value added activities

"Most dysfunctional place I have ever worked."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time

Pros

Competitive benefits. Interesting technology. Was fun in the Pyxis days.

Cons

1. Very subjective. Certain managers are widely known to "hold grudges", and who stays and who goes makes it very obvious they are allowed to carry them out.
    2. Management training for managers should be compulsory. Managers are allowed to opt out -- and inevitably those are the managers who need the training.
    3. Poor employee orientation and onboarding -- new employees wander around lost for weeks with no idea how to schedule a conference room or where to find the paper clips.
    4. No admin support whatsoever. You have to figure out everything yourself -- like where to find the paper clips and how on earth to order a box of pens.
    5. Awful work environment. Tiny low-walled cubes, no cube etiquette whatsoever; people shout, have speakerphone meetings in their cubes (ever heard of a headset?), play music, carry on hourlong hallway conversations about personal matters, and retaliate when someone speaks up about it.
    6. Theft is rampant. Literally, if it is not nailed down, it will disappear. Everything from partially eaten food in the common fridge to staplers.
    7. A lot of unhappy people afraid to leave because of the economy.
    8. Very political.
    9. Empire building and territorial behavior. Some people will not help you and/or will actually try to throw obstacles in your path because they perceive, albeit incorrectly, that if they hoard the knowledge, their job will be secure.
    10. "e-classes" -- surely invented by someone trying to justify their existence, as never have I seen anything that is more of an obstacle to productivity. Training a product marketing manager on how to drive a forklift? Really? I spent more time on ridiculous e-classes that had nothing to do with my job, than actually doing my job.

Advice to Management

Learn how to motivate people properly. Hint: "the beatings will continue until morale improves" is not the way.