CareFusion - Was a nice place to work when it was Pyxis but the new management is killing the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion

"Was a nice place to work when it was Pyxis but the new management is killing the company"

Current Employee - R&D Dispensing in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - R&D Dispensing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reasonably competitive salaries. Generous vacation plan.

Cons

Senior management is incompetent and unethical. There has been no innovation in our products since Cardinal Health took us over and replaced all the management with their own. Ever since then, the management decisions lack any vision or even common sense. The business is only hanging on because of the continuing success of the "legacy" product lines even thought for 8 years, all the R&D funding that would otherwise have gone into these product lines has been diverted into a virtual black hole known as the "next generation" products. The next generation products have failed to materialize, partly because the management decided to reinvent the wheel from scratch, excluding the expertise and lessons learned from the legacy R&D team and instead using people brought in from outside the company. Those who originally designed and built the highly successful "legacy" products are marginalized and not included in the development of the new products, which would save the company from relearning all the same lessons the hard way.

Advice to Management

Re-purpose the ES group to create a REAL international product - not just a translated domestic product and also invest in the legacy domestic product lines. Stop thinking in terms of either / or when it comes to "legacy" versus ES. International is where the future is but CareFusion is missing the boat because there is no real development going to create an international dispensing product. This will never happen unless you dedicate a significant part of your development pipeline to such an effort. Also, you are committing suicide by killing off your legacy domestic R&D capability and no extending that product line. You are delusional if you really think you'll be able to get all your domestic customer off the old product and onto ES. What's far more likely to happen is customers will get sick of waiting for up to date technology from CareFusion and a competitor will knock us out of the game.

Other Employee Reviews for CareFusion

"Not Great All of the Time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Our products are awesome. We have great people here. My mangers give great feedback and support me. I am succeeding here.

Cons

Too many FTEs walking around worried about losing their jobs everyday. This creates a tremendously stressful environment - imagine how people interact in meetings, on deadlines, etc when we are thinking "it's every man for himself!" I have been subjected to countless meetings of misery.

Advice to Management

I felt so cheated when we were forced to take two unpaid days off to meet quarterly numbers - I will never forget that.
    Many of us hit by the recession still live paycheck to paycheck. One week notice to receive a shortened paycheck, and as a non-FTE I was not able to rely on PTO or sick time to compensate for the hit - that was brutal. I already have had to deal with mediocre options in purchasing health insurance in the private market these last 5 years as a consultant/contractor that has never met my needs as a human being. Stop sticking it to the little guy - we just want to be happy and not worry about survival stuff. Contemplate what it is like to be in our shoes and provide us with the tools we need to focus on being successful - please!

"This is a solid company with market leading products and a new CEO who is making the right moves"

Current Employee - Director Customer Service Technical Management in San Diego, CA

Pros

Market leading products
    Increasing spending on R&D
    Competitive benefits
    Good working environment
    Competent employees
    The company is moving in the right direction

Cons

Currently integrating businesses which leads to culture clashes
    Multuple business systems among the various business units
    Infusion products are under a consent decree with the FDA, although they are managing it well
    Quality focus restricts flexibility to get rid of non-value added activities