CareFusion - It's going the wrong way | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CareFusion

"It's going the wrong way"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst, Product Implementation in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Senior Analyst, Product Implementation in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and true team work and feel. Local teams have great team skills. Customer base is great and loyal for now.

Cons

They are moving away from local install bases and more towards install teams that travel in and out leaving the customer with only Call Center for support.

Advice to Management

Remember your roots, your most important asset, your local field teams. Your customer depend on them more then you know.

Other Employee Reviews for CareFusion

"Lots of work!"

Former Employee - Contracts Coordinator in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Contracts Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I worked at CareFusion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The is in a great location with onsite gym and cafateria. The PTO package grows while employed and I had 5 weeks.

Cons

Crazy amount of work. I came back from PTO and the amount of work stockpiling was just silly. There are some real issues with workflow, upside if you are a real problem solver, but most time you spend a great deal amount of time rework upstream decisions.

unexpected layoffs (RIF)

Advice to Management

promote and pay more. bring back Employee stock program

"Senior Management gets rich at their employee's expense"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CareFusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fairly simple business model, simple work, nice place to grow old especially if you want to just sit back and do what your told and collect pay checks.

Cons

Revolving consistent layoffs while Senior Management pockets huge bonuses. No stock options for employees under Director level which provides incentive for layoff's and contingent/contract employment. Heavy top down management. No culture, no community involvement. Bullying by middle management is rewarded. Been here almost a year now, never have had an opportunity to meet my (or any) VP.

Advice to Management

In the latest All hands the CFO said "the most important indicator of our success is our stock price". Unfortunately that is exactly how the company is run. Needless to say this is short sited, probably on purpose. Happy engineers will make you money, that's what we do, don't worry about it. If you want long term success as a large company you need to create a culture of collaboration, community awareness, human value, and customer satisfaction. Those things must trump the value of your stock. If the engineers, community, and country understands the companies “higher value”, then when your stock drops they will come to your rescue, just as you must rescue the people under you when they need you.

The CEO when asked “why job freeze if we made huge profits?”…actually there was more than a job freeze there was massive layoffs… he said “we must be careful so it’s not painful when we have to do a real layoff”. Hu??? It was real and painful to the people that are now without income. CEO seemed to have no human understanding of his decision to cut jobs, as a matter of fact he never once mentioned the cuts in his 2 hour meeting. Instead he focused only on getting us unaffected employee’s back to working fast (as if we are not understaffed now and it was our fault and the affected peoples fault). I would advise the CEO to let the mangers focus on getting people back to work, you need to build a healthy happy community, even if it means you personally make 1 million next year vs 2. I would like to tell mr CEO that wealth is greater than what's in your bank. I promise you, nobody will remember or respect you or CareFusion when your stock/money dries up! You have a chance to change that, start now.