CareTech Solutions - slightly above-par IT employer in Michigan | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CareTech Solutions

"slightly above-par IT employer in Michigan"

I have been working at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fair compensation, decent benefits, not over-bearing, and well paced work environment with emphasis on work/life balance.

Cons

limited growth potential when on an outsourced contract. Feel very disconnected from "the mothership", more like a money generating body instead of a company member, it often seems like corporate has little interest in your personal development/well being or anything else for that matter. The last 4 years benefits have slowly been decreasing while cost of healthcare has risen.

Advice to Management

get better managerial oversight on your outsourced contract placement managers. An employee survey to "rate your manager" would be very surprising.

Other Employee Reviews for CareTech Solutions

"Good starting point for an IT career"

Former Employee - Problem Manager in Troy, MI

I worked at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very easy to get into the company they are always hiring. Will sometimes buy lunch for the help desk if it means making their numbers. Best thing you can do is get in learn as much as you can and move on.

Cons

Company was bought by HTC and has been in decline since. Management are always over your shoulder. Very had to get past Problem Manager I if you don't know anyone.

Advice to Management

Give what you want your employees to give. Leaders Lead. Stop acting like the employees are their to make you look good and let them know what a good job their are doing and not just once a month when told to by management.

"CareTech"

Former Employee - Problem Manager in Troy, MI

I worked at CareTech Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

5 years ago it was a great place to get a start in IT

Cons

Everything. They hire ANYONE, most of their employees aren't even qualified to work in fast food, half of them either can't or won't use proper English. This leads to increased work loads for the few people who are actually food at their job. Management continues to over promise and under deliver to their client. They also constantly lie to their employees about pay/work environment. One of their offices was infested with bed bugs due to another one of all star hires. They cut PTO and tried to sell it as being better for the employees because it would be easier to manage. This almost worked, because again, a majority of service desk staff there are incredibly stupid. Towards the end of my tenure I had applied to another clinical help desk and made it through a screening process (Pay attention CareTech, screening is how you hire quality) and got a second interview. I got a call a few days later saying they couldn't continue the interview process with me due to "non-compete" concerns brought up from CareTech. This was during a time huge numbers of employees (the actually qualified) were leaving, many of which had left to work at the company I was trying to interview with, yet it was only a non-compete issue with me. The worst part of this is that I had tried multiple times to advance at CareTech and make a respectable wage to provide for my family and kept getting denied, and on top of that was now being denied a chance to work for a company that was willing to pay a competitive wage. I was, for all intents and purposes, being held hostage. It is a truly awful place to work. HTC doesn't care about their employees! They only care about maximizing their profit margins, which will eventually lead to moving everything off-shore, even though this goes against many of their clients wishes. Probably won't matter anyways, it sounds like it's just a matter of time before they shut it down completely, and to be honest, good riddance.

Advice to Management

When it comes tine to make a decision and you think you have it figured out....Do the exact opposite. You've proven time and again that none of you are competent enough to make the right decision. None of you have a clue on what's going on or how to properly manage staff. Now that I think about it, just close the doors, shut it down and call it a day. I'm sure Wal-Mart is hiring greeters, I don't *think* any of you could screw that up.