Career Education - A good starting position but not somewhere you should get comfortable | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Career Education

"A good starting position but not somewhere you should get comfortable"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Aid Processor in Hoffman Estates, IL
Current Employee - Senior Financial Aid Processor in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Career Education full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary for a position that does not require a college degree

Cons

Management is terrible. I had written a far more in-depth review (that was true) but there was some glitch and it all got erased.

Plainly said, they want everything you've got while giving nothing in return. They bribe us with pizza parties instead of paying us what we are worth or paying us for what we do for the company.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees. No one wants to to work until 9 PM or on Saturdays for this kind of position. The kind of stress workers deal with here shouldn't go hand in hand with the type of work we do here.

Other Employee Reviews for Career Education

1. "I am an admissions advisor responsible for changing the lives of potential college students."

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Career Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has great benefits, the works is not hard. The outcome is rewarding.

Cons

The schedules are terrible. Sometimes management is too stringent with policies. It is an open enrollment environment so everyone is eligible for attendance.

Advice to Management

Respect the work/life balance.

"Things started off well.... but then...."

Current Employee - Inquiry Response Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Inquiry Response Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Location: the Merchandise mart is convenient for most employees
    Simple Objective: The goal of your day is pretty clear and to the point
    Other Coordinators: Very friendly and vibrant, helpful and there's camaraderie among peers

Cons

Micromanagement, broken systems, low morale, and the sheer amounts of stress that are predicated on numbers that you don't directly affect should definitely be within the disclaimer. The task that we perform is vastly over complicated and there's no positive end result to the work that is put in on a day to day basis. The repetition during a work day is painstaking at best... being asked to make 300 "connects" a day. Changes are thrown at us faster than we can respond to, and have no say so in the development and execution of these changes (even though were the ones ACTUALLY doing the work). We are held accountable for EVERYTHING that happens throughout the day in a negative sense with zero praise for rare moments of brilliance. Being a scapegoat for everything that goes wrong here is difficult... but it earns a living. Management, on any level could care less, always making canned "suggestions" and claiming "this is what i would do if i was on the phones".. and many figureheads in the company are unaware that we exist. Coordinators get cursed out and management has a jolly laugh continuing their own side conversations and subjective "monitoring". Even though we are under the same CEC umbrella, were treated as the ugly step children of the company left only to do the grunt work, with zero opportunity for advancement and zero accolades. And this is just the tip of the iceberg...

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that lay the groundwork and are "first contact" to prospective students when you treat them unprofessionally and a lack of respect... how do you expect them your prospective sources of revenue?..