CareerBuilder - Life in the VBU | Glassdoor

"Life in the VBU"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere most of the time, nice people, good perks if you have the right managers

Cons

New comp plan is horrible, some teams are held to higher standards then others, some teams have unrealistic quotas, moral is seriously down in the VBU, stupid ways of measuring people and their work effort

Advice to Management

Quit putting people on plans for every little thing. All it does is stress people out and deminish their confidence.

Other Employee Reviews for CareerBuilder

"Not worth it at all (Client support department)"

Former Employee - Client Support Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Client Support Specialist in Norcross, GA

I worked at CareerBuilder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very laid back place to work
    Great benefits
    Casual summers
    Summer hours
    Learn a lot
    Looks awesome on your resume if you can hang in there for a year or 2

Cons

In the client support department, the work load is ridiculous and the salary is garbage. I mean garbage! They expect you to meet so many requirements and treat the sales reps you support like a god.
    The managers and directors already know who they want to promote, it's ridiculous.
    The director of client support is socially awkward and doesn't care about anyone. The over-work you like a machine and pay you garbage. It's a LOT of work (Customer service,tech support, data analysis, client training and integration all in one) You have to have a room mate to work in this department. You might not even have extra cash for a decent social life. when I worked there I was very unhappy and frustrated. I did so much and was paid way below market value, about 40% below market value.
    They pay you a bonus every quarter but the sales reps you support would determine if you get a good bonus or not. If the sales reps hate you, you're screwed. If you're interested in this company, go into sales and avoid client support because it is modern day slavery.

Advice to Management

Pay your client support specialists a decent salary for all the work they do and stop using summer hours, casual weeks and happy hours to cover the fact.
    Be fair in dealing with employees in client support
    Hire a different director of client support, the one you have now is socially awkward, partial and mean.

2. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, opportunities, and benefits

Cons

hmmm, let me think on it...

Advice to Management

Take a risk, promote from within and cultivate a great employee. Worked for me