CareerBuilder - Best career decision I ever made | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CareerBuilder

"Best career decision I ever made"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gives SO much insight into different industries. Our solutions truly make an impact on our clients business. I 100% believe in the products and services I recommend and sell.

Cons

Traveling is involved so if that's not in the cards for you I'd look somewhere else.

Other Employee Reviews for CareerBuilder

"It has been a life changing experience."

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company constantly innovates. CB has become in the leader in talent acquistion and talent retainment.

Cons

Not very many minorities/women in executive positions. Mostly all white males.

Advice to Management

My advice would be that Careerbuilder should represent diversity.

"Overworked and Underpaid"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at CareerBuilder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great Health/Dental/Vision
    - Wellness Reimbursement
    - Paid days off to volunteer
    - Team outings and happy hours
    - Not a lot of micro-managing
    - Casual dress days (every Friday & Summer)
    - Summer Hours
    - Fun atmosphere
    - CareerBuilder does an excellent job of distracting their employees with fun games, prizes, and alcohol

Cons

- Pay
    - Terrible management
    - Terrible technology, no test environments for new code. Technology is from the 90's, breaks all the time
    - More work than fits in an 8 hour day, but no one is allow to work more than 8 hours a day.
    - Unobtainable expectations for daily responsibilities and for quarterly bonuses (nearly impossible to gain the maximum amount)
    - Held to a very high standard for customer satisfaction, so high it can take months to be evaluated positively after one mediocre evaluation.
    - When asking for advise or expressing frustrations the common response from people is "You have to not care"
    - Cutthroat environment for advancement.... it is not about who does the best job, it is a popularity contest. Moreover, if there is an opportunity for advancement, their are 200 people trying to get 1 promotion because everyone wants out of this role.
    - Continually changes operational procedures without telling the company much less training them properly before the changes occur. Then those in the support roles have to take the backlash from the clients.
    - Sales reps treated like gods, support reps treated terribly... no respect for those in this position.

Advice to Management

Look at other companies... see the base salaries and job requirements for this role. Most companies require half as much work and pay at least $10,000 more. You expect people to come into this role to gain experience and move on... yet the requirements for the job to be met; you must have long term experience in the role. It creates a chaotic environment that breeds employees that will only do enough to not get fired. There are no incentives to go above and beyond.