CareerBuilder - Good company | Glassdoor

"Good company"

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

Pros

Employee autonomy and the fact that they are always wanting to create the process better for the end user. Great company to work for!

Cons

As an account manager you will hit a glass ceiling in 2 to 3 years. Plus the fact that you may top out on your raise within 3 years.

Advice to Management

If management provides legitimate ways for their employees to grow within the company and set realistic goals more people would stay with the company far more than the mean of 3 years.

Other Employee Reviews for CareerBuilder

1. "Lack of leadership"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager

Pros

good brand and good products, nice collegues

Cons

lack of methods and organization

Advice to Management

more clear evidence of what the managment is doing

"Awful"

Former Employee - National Account Executive
    Former Employee - National Account Executive

Pros

If you want to learn more about the online job board business

If you enjoy hitting stats like number of calls over any measure of quality of work.

Cons

I can't say its like this everywhere as CB has branches all over the country but I met enough branch managers to say its probably similar in many as its a cultural thing. CB could be a great place but unfortunately they have adopted a model of churn and burn. Your success as a sales person will mostly be driven by luck. They will give you a book of accounts, in my case 8, and your expected to grow the business there. In several of my accounts, previous reps had really upset the clients to the point of pulling their business, yet i was expected to grow it overnight??? if not, no big deal, fire that person and hire another.

There idea of a sales model, is make a 100 phone calls. The issue of quality rarely comes up, phone stats only matter.

Its why turnover is so high. I was let go, no surprise there but they didn't even give two weeks pay or benefits. I worked for much smaller companies that recognize people have families. I understand the economy was tough and all but they showed a total lack of caring....

Advice to Management

If your going to declare you want to hire "consultative sales professionals" don't throw them into an environment for kids in their first job. Teach managers to engage their people, not berate them... You have some good people but your in a commodity space and clients basically hate you, you need to fix that!