Carenet Healthcare Services - Dream job | Glassdoor

"Dream job"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many pros, but here are a few off the top of my head:
Working from home
Excellent trainers
Professional environment
Caring for employees
Putting patients first
Being a part of the healthcare solution

Cons

Working remote can be challenging, as there is no face-to-face interaction with other employees. This is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job so far! Keep demonstrating the core values of the organization in all interactions.

Other Employee Reviews for Carenet Healthcare Services

"Finally a company that appreciates and respects it nurses!"

Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in New Bern, NC
    Current Employee - Care Advisor RN in New Bern, NC

I have been working at Carenet Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having supportive Managers, Trainers and Co-workers has made such a difference in my work life. I get timely feedback and not just in an annual review. Even though I get to work in the comfort of my own home it is a team environment. I have made friends with my co-workers that I have never met in person. The nursing work is challenging. You must really "know your stuff" and have good stamina to keep going. Its like an ER but over the phone. What has helped me is that I don't have to do full 8 hour shifts. I prefer to do 6 hours shifts and time breezes by!! We get monthly "Care Packages" from the company. This month we got $25 towards a Mani or Pedi. I even had flowers delivered to me last year. We are paid a quarterly Home Office Reimbursement of $250 too. I feel well taken care of.

Cons

We work under a monthly bonus. I like immediate reward but I also like to know what to expect. I did take a small cut in pay to come here. Though I suppose working at home helps that I don't need gas, scrubs, lunch money for my work day. We use our own computer equipment. My friends that work for other companies are supplied a PC.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Do look internal for promotional opportunities! There are some of us waiting to advance. Consider supplying PC's to the team.

2. "Like no place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Antonio, TX

Pros

There is so many pros to working at this company including very flexible schedules for every life event that is thrown your way, fun and exciting work related activities, employee recognition ceremonies, and probably the most important caring management. I have worked at Carenet for a few years now and I have seen it go from a small company through the hiring ramp up last year. It has been an exciting ride and a pleasure to be a part of. I often find myself smiling on the way into work because I truly love my job, enjoy the people I surround myself with and what the mission of this company is, to help people. I'm a firm believer that you get what you put in and life is what you make it and because of that belief I feel my experience here has been great. Nothing gets in your way of happiness unless you allow it. I have created some really great personal and professional relationships that I believe will last all because if this place.

Cons

Cons to this company is the lack of communication between departments. Often times things are not ready to go live and the employees notice this as it is visible by the leadership team running around trying to get things up and running, lots of lack of urgency. Create an open line of communication and follow through with it. This lack of communication has created postponements of programs which means no calling. This means individuals are not working and creates unhappy employees. I've seen leads run out and extended ETO occurs again unhappy employees then employees become upset with leadership and trust is then an issue.

Lack of policy enforcement, for example the dress code. You can walk around and see many that are dressed very professional and then others not so much. Easy fix enforce the policy and follow through with it. Be consistent.

Pay could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

Developed your employees more with monitoring and coaching. Give cost of living increases, enforce the policies for everyone. Be more prepared by working together with each other.