Carhartt - Awesome place, wouldn't recommend for young professionals | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Carhartt

"Awesome place, wouldn't recommend for young professionals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Pros

The people- everyone is genuinely kind and cares. There is a synergy unlike anything I've experienced. Everyone is extremely passionate about the company and its growth in recent years and into the future. The future is definitely bright for Carhartt.

Cons

It is an ideal place to work for someone in their 30s or 40s with kids. Very family-centric atmosphere. I feel a bit out of place being in my 20s, at least in my department. I wouldn't recommend for someone just starting their career as there is not a ton of opportunity for growth within. Gets a bit stale after a year.

Advice to Management

Senior management doesn't interact enough with people lower on the totem pole. Offer more direct feedback to everyone in the department.

Other Employee Reviews for Carhartt

1. "good pay and we get more holidays than most companys"

Current Employee - Srt Driver in Hanson, KY
    Current Employee - Srt Driver in Hanson, KY

Pros

working there you can give yourself a raise

Cons

the worst part is they hired locals for management positions, so you have people in positions that they shouldnt be in, also you have certain people that can do things others would get fired for.

Advice to Management

remove people in mangement positions that have known and hang out with the people they are managing. and their is alot of waistfull spending at hanson, its like money is plentyfull (the goverment) or grows on trees

2. "Carhartt - a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Pros

I have worked many places and Carhartt exceeds any expectation I have or had. They are compassionale and really understand the importance of taking care of the people. The opportunities are amazing and I feel that I can have a long career at Carhartt. The owner is very down to earth and I like the leaders in my department. I definitely feel heard.

Cons

Super busy. So much work and a lot of meetings. Not sure people are always held accountable.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountalbe and don't lose the down to earth feel of the company.