Caribou Coffee - My experience with Caribou Coffee was confusing because I had no training at all. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Caribou Coffee

"My experience with Caribou Coffee was confusing because I had no training at all."

Former Employee - Team Member
Former Employee - Team Member

Pros

Great customer base! They were generally enthusiastic about both the products and services. Team Members were upbeat, competent, and helpful.

Cons

I had no training. I was put behind the cash register to figure out for myself their rather cumbersome software. I had to ask or figure out for myself what to do in the less busy periods of the day. Management expectations during very busy times were beyond the scope of my training. Our Manager did not work well under pressure and was completely out of her depth with regard to developing and promoting teamwork.

Advice to Management

Pay less attention to the numbers and closer attention to continued training and support of new Managers. When strong teams are developed, the numbers will take care of themselves. Customers do not need to see the store manager coming unhinged behind the bar.

Other Employee Reviews for Caribou Coffee

1. "If you are an outgoing, energetic person, you'll enjoy the rushes in the morning."

Pros

Meeting people in the community. Tips can be decent. Pay is low; you are officially considered a waitress.

Cons

Not allowed lunch hours, even if working more than 6 hours. This may have gotten cleared up. Arbitrary firing. Such as an employee who has been with the company and hourly wage had gone up. Personality of some managers are such that they should not have been made manager. Favoritism. Devious ways to make an employee unhappy enough to quit.

Advice to Management

Review managers first in a completely objective manner. Have "secret shoppers" focus on managers. Consider seriously feedback from employees. Create a career path for long time employees (wage increases) that doesn't involve management training and then transfer to another store.

"Too many responsibilities/tasks for the pay."

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

Pros

It is a fun environment and most team members and shift supervisors are fun to work with. It is fun to learn about the products and the coffee.

Cons

Management is often under trained and has a high turnover rate. Many good managers end up leaving because corporate doesn't give them enough support. Products change frequently and there is a lot of work you do for little pay. Be prepared to be overwhelmed with work.

Advice to Management

Try working on the floor more often, especially when trial running a new product. A lot is being asked of people on the floor with low compensation and high demand.