Carlson Advisors - Worst experience of my life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Carlson Advisors

"Worst experience of my life"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Brooklyn Park, MN
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Brooklyn Park, MN

Pros

Salary was above average; some employees were great to work with.

Cons

Treated with utmost disrespect by one individual. Attempted to transfer/leave twice but was talked out of it only to be fired later without warning. Other admins refused to work in this position and were reduced to tears previously in the position.

Advice to Management

Rein in your high level executives; make sure there is not a hostile work environment. Try not to make your admins cry.

Other Employee Reviews for Carlson Advisors

1. "I love coming to work, weird huh?"

I have been working at Carlson Advisors full-time

Pros

They have a very supportive work environment. My starting salary was great, I was made to feel welcome and I can finish school while working here. They are open to answering questions that I might have and provide a professional environment with great hours and a nice benefit package.

Cons

I don't like how expensive the insurance is. With or without my family being added, spending almost half of a paycheck on health insurance is crazy. I also would like to point out that there is a little tension in the office due to one person not playing as a team player, but this wasn't directed at me.

Advice to Management

Add some add words to the website for ALL the services Carlson Advisers provides, the companies website didn't even come up as a blip on the radar when I typed in searches for some of the accounting services offered by this company.

2. "accounting administrator"

Former Employee - Accounting Administrator in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Accounting Administrator in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Carlson Advisors (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great room for advancement, Great direction and guidance was provided to me and I was told of my performance and what I needed to improve.

Cons

Little work was given to me and sometimes I did not have many tasks to complete. I was bored sometimes at work with not much to do.

Advice to Management

Provide employees more work to do during the busy tax season and give them more motivation and guidance so they feel satisfied with their work.