Carmel Partners - Strong culture, great company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Carmel Partners

"Strong culture, great company"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Community Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

Great portfolio, nice properties, strong use of technology

Cons

Limited upside because of low turnover

Advice to Management

Just keep on truckin

Carmel Partners Response

Jul 16, 2014 – Human Resources Assistant

Thank you so much for your feedback and taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. Keep on truckin’ as well!

Other Employee Reviews for Carmel Partners

1. "Employee-centric and many other positives - a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Carmel Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ Employee centric: At Carmel Partners, I always felt genuinely valued by upper management. They show interest in my personal and professional well-being and that of my team.
    + Lean staff: I'm listing this as both a con and pro because it also produces high performers.
    + Customer Service: They mean it when they say residents come first. Residents are a priority and their feedback is highly valued. Upper management always seeks at least a compromise in addressing resident grievances instead of citing lease clauses and policy.
    + Culture: Most Carmel employees I have met really embody the core values of the organization. By investing in its employees and supporting them, Carmel develops employee loyalty towards the company. Most employees seem dedicated and ascribe to high standards of performance and professional decorum.
    + Open door policy: Managers want to hear what employees have to say and seek employee feedback.
    + Compensation: Very fair.
    + Empowering: Since the company is a little on the small side, employees are able to launch initiatives which are well received by upper management.

Cons

- Lean staff: It becomes important to staff with the industry's best because volume of activity can be overwhelming at times.
    - Growth: Portfolios are still small so growth can seem limited for those seeking a larger scope of responsibility.

Advice to Management

* Great management model.
    * Putting employees first is key which the company seems to understand.
    * Track employee retention/turnover for Community Managers and Regional Managers and use this as a performance benchmark. Managers should be held accountable for turnovers at their property. They should also be rewarded for retaining and promoting their staff. It's the hallmark of a good manager.

One suggestion: Identify your strongest "players" and make sure that their professional growth is tracked. The best employees also need inspirational mentorship so that they can be groomed into future leaders. For example, maybe they can obtain professional certification relevant to the industry. Promotional opportunities may be limited at this time but professional growth is always possible through seminars and trainings. Don't rely on the employees to do it for themselves - just send them!

Overall: I would highly recommend Carmel to anyone worth their salt! Truly a GREAT company to work for.

Carmel Partners Response

Jul 16, 2014 – Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for your feedback and the detailed pros and cons you provided. We agree with your suggestion around facilitating professional growth. The HR Team is currently collaborating with... More

2. "Regional Manager"

I worked at Carmel Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

None that I can think of.