Carolina Handling - Interview | Glassdoor
  1. "Interview"

Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at Carolina Handling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Schedule management was the best

Cons

Not home a lot, pay was ok

Carolina Handling2019-08-12

Other Employee Reviews

"Field service technician"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Carolina Handling full-time for less than a year

Pros

The family environment and general good vibes put forth by the entire crew at Carolina Handling was a breath of fresh air. My extensive experience in the automotive industry had bittered me towards the public as a whole. My experience thus far has really restored my faith in humanity and more importantly myself. Thanks to all the folks at Carolina Handling for making me feel like part of the family right out of... the gate.

Cons

The sheer size of the company and volume of information to take in from day one has been quite a bit of an adjustment. Especially coming from the small business sector.

Advice to Management

Keep up the outstanding work!

Carolina Handling2018-08-14

"Unfortunate Decline"

Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Carolina Handling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training is top-notch for technicians Great coworker atmosphere

Cons

Overtime expectation Management ignores employees' input Terrible base salary and raises

Advice to Management

During my time at Carolina Handling, I witnessed the decline of a great company. What was a positive, family-oriented, and warm environment shifted into an understaffed, negative, fake, corporate culture. The desire of management to do "more with less" has consistently strangled employees and has caused a high turnover rate with even some of their best and most dedicated people abandoning ship. Management has taken... notice of the turnover rate and morale issue but they always look in the wrong direction and don't offer real solutions. Instead of spending time with each department trying to learn and hear the input on the stress and roadblocks of day-to-day duties their employees face, they occasionally supply everyone with a Bojangles biscuit, a fake smile, and a pat on the back before plugging their ears and walking away from any legitimate concerns you have about stress, home-life balance, ability to complete your daily tasks due to work load, making a livable wage that keeps up with inflation, or any of the things that actually affect your job satisfaction and mental well-being. There are so many specific and truly heartbreaking examples of how this company doesn't care for their employees but I can't list them all out here. My only recommendation: don't work here.

Carolina Handling2019-09-07

Discover more reviews about Carolina Handling.