Carondelet Health Network - Overall satisfying experience but compensation and benefits has declined over recent years | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Carondelet Health Network

"Overall satisfying experience but compensation and benefits has declined over recent years"

Current Employee - Clinical Documentation Specialist in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Clinical Documentation Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Carondelet Health Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mission, faith-based organization, large Network

Cons

Nice environment but the financial stability questionable, benefits have gotten really bad

Advice to Management

stay in touch with your workers- don't lose that perspective... Communicate!

Other Employee Reviews for Carondelet Health Network

1. "A company with the right vision but the wrong passion."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Carondelet Health Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great people to work with at Carondelet. You can feel that the organization follows the mission of taking care of the poor and sick.

Cons

The business sense part of the house can't keep the charity side of the house under control. All to often there are more poor and free-loaders taking advantage of the organization than the fiances can support.

Advice to Management

Get costs under control not by cutting the workers but by managing the services to those that take advantage of the Healthcare services. Be able to stand your ground on what is the acceptable amount of charity that is given away and do not be afraid of political correct impressions of the community.

2. "Take care when working here"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse ICU in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse ICU in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Carondelet Health Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wide variety of patients with multiple problems, most of whom are a joy to care for.

Cons

Carondelet Health Network Tucson Arizona has two hospitals in the Tucson Metro area. They had three but ran one into the ground and closed it only 2 years after purchasing it. The other two facilities are frequently short on staff and supplies. In one week I called for seizure pads for two patients who were actively seizing and were told "We don't have any." When I attempted to protect my patients old school style with pillows tightly secured to bed rails with bath blankets and tape, I was told I was wasting resources. However, the manager couldn't come up with any other alternative.

Advice to Management

Stop ignoring the wisdom and voices of your experienced staff and remember that we are there to take care of the patients. The administration has NO idea what is needed to take care of these patients because they are, and have been, so far removed from direct patient care. Which will cost you less, the supplies needed to care for patients or the lawsuit which will surely follow when the supplies are not available.