Carphone Warehouse - Fantastic place to work if you are willing to stick your neck out and try something new! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Carphone Warehouse

"Fantastic place to work if you are willing to stick your neck out and try something new!"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

The people! All levels of management are open to new ideas, it is a very flat structure.

Cons

Can be a little unfocused. I feel that people jump a little too quickly to what Charles says.
Long hours. 40 hour week is the contracted hours and often it is much longer.

Advice to Management

Look at your Operational capabilities. It is quite poor. We are always chasing the next good idea (essential of course), but always at the complete expense of how we are currently dealing with the issues we already have.

Other Employee Reviews for Carphone Warehouse

1. "Fantastic company to work for"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Carphone Warehouse as a contractor

Pros

Fun, creative, great management and leadership, dynamic. They really care about their employees and customers, and they truly believe in great customer service.

Cons

It can be chaotic and things change very fast so you need to be prepared to change with it. And sometimes there are conflicting priorities but that's life, it's not enough of a downside not to work for this great organisation.

2. "Good for part time work"

Former Employee - Samsung Consultant
    Former Employee - Samsung Consultant

I worked at Carphone Warehouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good wage and decent training, the best part of being in my store was the camaraderie with my colleagues. Good experience working with the newest gadgets but this is limited.

Cons

Company is quite demanding of your time, sales targets were very unrealistic for my store, lots of upper management decisions made with little interaction with the people on the ground. There are lots of things asked from you for being low wage earners. Essentially the company expects a lot from their workers but treats them like potential criminals or children at times.