Carrabba's Italian Grill - Great place to make money and have fun while doing so | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

"Great place to make money and have fun while doing so"

Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love meeting new people and establishing "regular" guests within the restaurant. With the help of management, cooks, and those at the host stand, a server is very likely to be successful with a little effort. I remember many occasions where I felt my tips should have gone straight to the kitchen or those in management. They are always there for questions and understanding of first-time mistakes.

Cons

As far as running a business goes, I completely understand Increasing the amount of servers on the floor provided that each server can satisfy the needs of their tables, however there were a few times where a "two table section" did not satisfy my wallet. With time servers are rewarded more tables and trust. Carrabbas has recently began to serve lunch and I have personally handled up to five tables. There are always alternatives to the "two table section", but it takes time and the only thing to speed this up is becoming a better server.

Advice to Management

Although I have seen it a few times, reward driven, friendly, competitions within the workplace provide(d) motivation to the server and can really change attitudes after a long week of work. I realize showing up to work, offering great service, and coming home with a lot of tips is often satisfying, however providing an increase in contests and competitions makes the job that more fun.

Other Employee Reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

1. "Best food service job ever."

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many employees have been at my restaurant for many years... and love it still.
    Food Quality is amazing.
    Most Clientele love the service and selection.

Cons

Some favortism shown to specific employees, and some rules are only applicable to certain people at certain times.

Advice to Management

Management can be very unprofessional to other employees, and unprofessional in their position.

2. "Fair company"

Former Employee - Busser in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Busser in Houston, TX

I worked at Carrabba's Italian Grill part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy enough. Standard restaurant work. Okay pay for a busser. Servers make the real money.

I did like the shared tips.

Cons

As I was the only English speaking busser, communication could be difficult at times between the other bussers.