Carriage Services - Always looking over my shoulder and feeling watched every minute. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Carriage Services

"Always looking over my shoulder and feeling watched every minute."

Pros

The people and experience were great. That is what truly made the company great. The flexibility and independence given was something I liked.

Cons

People would stab you in the back at the drop of a hat. You always had to look over your shoulder to see who would try to manipulate what you said or try to rat you out for something so petty. If you have a question or need help, good luck getting it.

Advice to Management

Management needs to get the picture and get rid of the bad seeds. During my time there, it was nothing new to show up and realize that someone was terminated. I seen a lot of great people go and had no idea why. The 4E model has got to go. We're all human, nobody is perfect.

Other Employee Reviews for Carriage Services

1. "Good company"

Former Employee - FDR
    Former Employee - FDR

I worked at Carriage Services full-time

Pros

Autonomy and somewhat competitive base wage.

Cons

No real bonus structure available.

Advice to Management

Implement bonus structure for the front line to reward increased revenues. Incentives for obtaining greater than average contracts would be appreciated.

"Not local operations"

Former Employee - Director of Sales & Family Service Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Director of Sales & Family Service Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Carriage Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The funeral directors, Family Service staff that I worked with and managed do truly care about families and doing things right by the families they are serving.

Cons

The corporation claims to follow a local operating business model. That works well if they have the right people in place, but they do not. They talk a good game, but micro-manage the local teams. They've hired too many Managing Partners that cannot manage their teams without their division support making decisions for them.

Advice to Management

Give good managers real time to turn around the messes they inherit. Stop firing and hiring managers every 6 months when they haven't had time to barely get to know their staff, let alone what changes need to be made.