Carrier - Quality products. Quality People. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Carrier

"Quality products. Quality People."

Former Employee - No Longer With ICP in Lewisburg, TN
Former Employee - No Longer With ICP in Lewisburg, TN

Pros

Time off for family issues. The people are great.

Cons

Lack of Communication. Promotions, pay scale. Managers should base the pay-scale within the family of UTC. I was told because we live and work in a rural city in Tennessee they base the salaries on industries within the area. It should be compared to others within the company also. I was told the CSR's salaries would be higher because they spoke to the customers. The department I worked in also supported the CSR's and spoke to customers as well as carriers. I made very important decisions about which truck line carrier would carrier our shipments. I could easily control the amount of spending on logistics by determining which carrier would be suited for each shipment shipped on a daily basis. I would take into consideration, rates, customer requests and carriers with the best "on-time delivery" reputation for rush or important shipments to the customer. With this knowledge and responsibility I feel I should have had the same pay scale as the CSR.

Advice to Management

Pay-Scale should be re-evaluated. I always received very high ratings on my evaluations from year to year but did not get the recognition for my accomplishments. Human Resources should be in control of the decision making on the scale of pay between departments. Managers would with hold raises to make their year end budget look better than other departments.

Other Employee Reviews for Carrier

1. "Inside Sales Engineer"

I worked at Carrier full-time

Pros

Excellent Employee Scholar Program Offered

Cons

Medium range compensation compared to competition

2. "Line technician"

I worked at Carrier (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place and friendly work environment. Really make an effort to include all. Great school program and flexible with work schedule

Cons

Not a lot of areas for movement. Seems like the status quo when it comes to professional growth opportunities. Not much change