Carta - Existing leadership not qualified or experienced to take company to the next level. | Glassdoor

"Existing leadership not qualified or experienced to take company to the next level."

Former Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Carta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Capable in their current line of business (Cap Table Management)

Cons

Leadership and business line managers have no previous experience in taking a company into the Enterprise Level Clients - even though CEO says this is where the company is spending their lastest funding round. Does not understand and have a clear plan on how to grow the business and competing in the Public Markets (vs private). This leads to a change in direction, priority and focus month to month, which causes... clients to lose confidence in the ability to be a long term partner. In pursuing big clients, Carta will 'promise and commit' to building features that are not in the product if the clients commits to signing. Carta needs to understand that no large company is willing to make that bet on such a critical piece of their business

Advice to Management

Replace existing Sr. Management that do not not have the skillset to lead the company into the future and continue to hire leaders with proven track records of success. Dont give away products and services for free and then come back and charge them 10x after theyve become a client.

Carta2019-01-26

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Killer company culture and growth opportunities in a very people-forward environment."

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Carta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growth Opportunities Solid Leadership Good Benefits Great Office Location

Cons

Disappointing Base Salaries Difficult Parking Cramped Office

Carta2019-11-30

"Carta is a great place to grow as an engineer as we scale into the top equity management and private liquidity platform."

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Carta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast growing company Equity growth with frequent liquidity opportunities Daily catered lunch and Friday group restaurant trips Passionate and caring executive team Shiny new office in San Francisco with fantastic city views I love the product I'm working on building. I think it'll be a game changer for private equity liquidity.

Cons

They did away with annual bonuses a couple years ago, which seems odd since we're growing very fast.

Advice to Management

Many silicon valley companies offer annual bonuses. Please bring this back.

Carta2019-10-18

Discover more reviews about Carta.